Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, make sure to follow us on Twitter! Say hi and we'll be sure to follow back!

Which checkout app/website should I use for my online store?

Discussion in 'Opencart Support' started by Martin_Ultras_Patriotic, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Martin_Ultras_Patriotic

Martin_Ultras_Patriotic UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi
    My designer just finished my website and last two things I need help with are:
    -getting best option for checkout (we have fast check out option but is not necessary) to my customers aa
    I've tried PayPal and got it connected but something is wrong on my PayPal account as when trying to pay message in red comes up saying that there is problem with sellers PayPal account.. tried calling to find out but on hold for ages so I've just emailed them and waiting for reply so in that time I wanted to get advice of you guys about other options. I've looked at Sage pay but I don't know if "eInvoice payments" option will be enough as it's included and then there's "online payments " option but it cost from about £20 a month so for sole trader who's just setting up its extra cost which isn't bad price but maybe there are other better kinds I can link my www shop to payments app or website??? Please help!
    -second thing is should I register company and as sole trader already or after I sort check out and people can pay me for products and I start earning money??

I appreciate any help guys

Thanks
    Martin

Posted: Jun 13, 2016 By: Martin_Ultras_Patriotic Member since: Sep 19, 2015
  2. antropy

antropy ecommerce experts Full Member - Verified Business

Let me try and clarify your questions first:

1. What payment gateway should I use?
    2. What company structure should I use?

Both depend on where you are with your business. If you're starting out and want to keep costs low until you're more sure it will work, stick with PayPal Standard and stay a Sole Trader.

If you don't mind spending a bit to get going, consider PayPal Pro because it takes credit cards more seamlessly but I'd still probably advise staying as a Sole Trader until you've been trading a good year or so.

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 By: antropy Member since: Aug 2, 2010
  3. Nochexman

Nochexman UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 By: Nochexman Member since: Jun 14, 2011