Utility Warehouse

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Draugen, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Geoff T

Geoff T UKBF Newcomer Full Member - Verified Business

to be pedantic...if it's a thread, then would it not count as 'libel' - having been written - rather than slander...also it's not outrageous, as it is just an expression of opinion.

It could be wrong, it could be based on personal opinion or experience, which is countered by the opinion/experience of others, but until the Westminster ripping sods take away my tongue, I'll defend our right to free speech(as our forefathers have) - as long as it is not "verbally"/morally offensive!

Surely if the ALLEGATION is out there - it's for the defendant to prove the claim is unjustified?!?
    Posted: Jul 4, 2009 By: Geoff T Member since: Apr 30, 2009
  2. My Owl 1

My Owl 1 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I think I have done that defended it and if you would like more evidence then Companies House and the Annual Accounts will show that Utility Warehouse are credible and lawfully trading.

I agree freedom of speech is important, especially when stating the facts. Blantant untruths however are just a waste of effort and I will always contest those.... using my freedom of speech
    :rolleyes:
    Posted: Jul 4, 2009 By: My Owl 1 Member since: Nov 17, 2008
  3. Geoff T

Geoff T UKBF Newcomer Full Member - Verified Business

I know from personal experience that there are tons of "legal" companies out there who make a "legal" living by ripping people off - , NOT saying UW do that, but my point is being registered at Companies house - which costs a hand full of £ - does NOT make a company morally or ethically correct... equally, filing company accounts - "per se to enable those companies to continue their rip off once they're in" - still doesn't satisfy the criteria...:eek:

Glad you appreciate what has been done for you, and the rest of us...:cool:

Last - back to my 1st point - PROVE IT...what/where are the "blatant untruths"?:rolleyes:
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
    Posted: Jul 4, 2009 By: Geoff T Member since: Apr 30, 2009
  4. My Owl 1

this thread as mentioned in an earlier post.

:rolleyes:
  5. yourfuture2

yourfuture2 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Gogojonny said " They want to recruit you as a seller. Why? Because they stand to earn more money recruting others." Completely untrue. I have introduced many people to the UW opportunity who chose to do nothing. They didn't earn anything but guess what? Neither did I. I did however give of my time to try to help them but like I said, I didn't earn anything!

"In a pyramid people lose out. There will be someone recruited who does not recruit others, and does not sell - hence they loose out." True. As in any business/job, if you do nothing, you earn nothing.

"UW sellers are aware of this and so recruit loads - in the hope one will sell well." Many who are new to the business will hope to recruit just about anyone but they soon learn (usually anyway). Why would any of us want to waste our own valuable time (and sometimes money) finding lots of people and spend more time helping them, all in the "hope" one may do something? We are looking for people who genuinely want to earn some extra money and are willing to give it a fair go.

Unfortunately many will not do things the right way, just as in Kleeneze, FLP, B.G., Tesco, Barclays Bank, the local newsagents etc etc etc.
    Posted: Jul 4, 2009 By: yourfuture2 Member since: Mar 23, 2009
  6. cheaputils

cheaputils UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Exactly right. Like most businesses, you need to be careful who you take on board. Do you want someone who understands the business and how it works, or do you just want anyone? Sadly, that's how some distributors operate, and they get pissed off very quickly and make no money, not because the business model is at fault, but because they recruited the wrong people.

I regard my Telecom plus business as my own. I ask people to partner me when I know and trust them, and teach them to do the same. The business doesn't grow at an unsustainable rate and I know the people I work with are committed, reliable and honest. The people who fail in Telecom plus will be the people who fail at everything else. If you regard that as a 'mantra' of some kind then you are delusional, it's just a fact. Approach any task in a negative, unrealistic and naive manner and you will fail. Do it in a professional, respectful way and you will succeed.

To expand on what was said above, simply recruiting people into Telecom plus pays absolutely nothing, unless you can teach them the same things you learned. I could sign up 100 people tomorrow, but if they didn't bring in any customers then I would earn precisely zip. But, if I teach them lots of other things as well as the stuff they learn on their UW training (and agreed, some of it is cheesy crap, but we're all adults here and hopefully we can weed out the good stuff from the chaff), and make sure they do it right, then this is a good business and I can be pleased that me and my team behave in an ethical, respectful way.

Telling people lies is not my style, and if I can't save potential customers money I tell them so and walk away. You need to listen to the customer above all else, and that applies to any business, not just Telecom plus/Utility Warehouse.
    Posted: Jul 4, 2009 By: cheaputils Member since: Jun 13, 2009
  7. My Owl 1

Couldn't agree more my customers are very important to me after all that is how my business stays stable by looking after them and by also being honest and saying when you cant do them such a great deal. A cafe owner has become a customer of mine for both electricity and gas, because I was honest enough to tell him that i couldnt quite save him any money on his gas bill, but could on his electricity. he decided that he wanted both bills on one bill and decided to try our services He is extremely happy and that is what really matters to me.

Being honest and credible is No 1 to the success of any business and business owner.:)
  8. bishop

bishop UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hmm, interesting reading your experience with UW.
    For the record, here's mine. Joined 5mths ago as a distributor, had been a customer for 2 years, really impressed, saved a lot of money. The support i've had from the company and my initial sponsor has been great and the residual income is building.

And what's great about this is that it only works if we're saving people money!

And with a customer retention rate at 99% with no contracts, it looks to me as if folk are voting with their feet and staying put!

Sorry you had such a negative ride.
    Posted: Jun 18, 2013 By: bishop Member since: Jun 18, 2013
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. johnnephe

johnnephe UKBF Newcomer Free Member

The switch guide to Utility Warehouse, with up-to-date information about price changes and customer satisfaction.
    Posted: Jul 24, 2014 By: johnnephe Member since: Jul 23, 2014
  10. Paul Brooke

Paul Brooke Banned

Sorry but I only see this one way. The only way that UW can make any savings at all is if they get hold of someone who is paying way way over the odds already for the services they provide. Anybody that does a little searching, via USwitch, Go Compare, Money supermarket et al will always get a better deal than any UW could offer. This current year so far I have had 3 UW agents ask to quote me for services. All three were totally confident they could do something with a least one of my bills if not all. Not one could beat any deal that I am on and that can be had online with about 15 mins research time. And as far as I know now all 3 have packed it in after being disillusioned with it all
    Posted: Jul 24, 2014 By: Paul Brooke Member since: Mar 8, 2011
  11. NickGrogan

NickGrogan UKBF Regular Full Member

Anyone who is only promoting 1 supplier is going to have a hard time find the best deal for anyone, ever.
    Posted: Jul 24, 2014 By: NickGrogan Member since: Nov 15, 2012
  12. MrAces

MrAces UKBF Newcomer Free Member

anyone got a partner ID , i could use to sign up please???
    Posted: Jul 24, 2014 By: MrAces Member since: May 25, 2012
  13. garyk

garyk UKBF Big Shot Full Member

Look about 4 posts back....this thread is run from 2009!!!!
    Posted: Jul 24, 2014 By: garyk Member since: Jun 14, 2006
  14. Purchasing advice

Purchasing advice UKBF Newcomer Free Member

All, please dont use a re-seller, for a little amount of your time you could save at least 0.5p per KWH.....re-sellers have to make a margin, but it is currently unclear what each one makes.

PM me for any help and assistance
    Posted: Jul 25, 2014 By: Purchasing advice Member since: Jul 25, 2014
  15. NickGrogan

Not all brokers add 0.5p per kwh, some including Energy Solutions add a lot less, we also tell our clients how much we add.

How do you make you money?
    Posted: Jul 25, 2014 By: NickGrogan Member since: Nov 15, 2012
  16. Purchasing advice

Purchasing advice UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Its great that you tell your clients up front the charges you add, not a lot do. All I'm saying is, with a little time spent looking a direct approach can save money.

My advice is free !!
    Posted: Jul 25, 2014 By: Purchasing advice Member since: Jul 25, 2014
  17. NickGrogan

So, how do you make you money?

Or are you just referring to advice on forums?
    Posted: Jul 25, 2014 By: NickGrogan Member since: Nov 15, 2012