Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, make sure to follow us on Twitter! Say hi and we'll be sure to follow back!

UKBF Being Spidered and Used to Generate Spam Backlinks

Discussion in 'Feedback & Help' started by commercial-mortgage-link, Jan 11, 2017 at 11:46 AM.

1. commercial-mortgage-link

commercial-mortgage-link UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi, I came across an alarming problem today when analysing some of my domains that have recently dropped in rankings.

What I found was in no way the fault of UKBF but some spammer has found a way to spider your website directory and user profile and then generate low quality spammy webpages with links to the profile homepage link from UKBF.

Thus causing a terrible algorithmic penalty from google.

This has also happened on a friend site who is registered with UKBF.

2 types of link are being generated:

1. Directory link replication
    2. Review link replication

As you can see the latter part of the URL has clearly been harvested from uKBF.

These links may have dissapeared by now but new ones are popping up to replace them.

My backlinks have soared even though I do not do anything. It all happened around November.

Anyone effected by this should remove their directory listing and profile backlink and then use the google "Disavow tool" to disavow any links that have been generated so far, however if the data has already been harvested there is little that can be done other than keep on disavowing them as they are created.

Posted: Jan 11, 2017 at 11:46 AM By: commercial-mortgage-link Member since: Jan 18, 2015
  2. commercial-mortgage-link

I had prepared a much more detaile dpost with imaghes and sample links but I cannot post them. If someone can enable my account to post images I can add these for you to illustrate better.

Posted: Jan 11, 2017 at 11:47 AM By: commercial-mortgage-link Member since: Jan 18, 2015
  3. Ally Maxwell

Ally Maxwell UKBF Regular Free Member

If only there was another thread about this.....

Posted: Jan 11, 2017 at 11:50 AM By: Ally Maxwell Member since: Nov 6, 2015
  4. commercial-mortgage-link

ok i see them all, fair enough.

Posted: Jan 11, 2017 at 11:52 AM By: commercial-mortgage-link Member since: Jan 18, 2015