Strapless Shoes in UK

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by treds, Apr 30, 2007.

1. treds

treds UKBF Regular Free Member

Gday,

I have a brand new product we call treds. They are really cool shoes/flip flops that stick to the sole with no straps ie. minimizing toe rub etc. you can see them at adeptgear.com or freesoles.com My partner in Europe who was going to distribute the treds has just had financial troubles and together we decided that they would not be the best company to distribute the treds.

Treds practically sell themselves, they are that unique that everyone who sees them wants a pair and at the right price they sell like hotcakes.

My question is this, can anyone point me in the right direction to find a suitable company that would be great to work with?

I look forward to your replies,
    Nathan
    Posted: Apr 30, 2007 By: treds Member since: Apr 29, 2007
  2. Rachael

Rachael UKBF Regular Free Member

Nathan,

Shoes of course grabbed my attention then!!! What is your website?

Just to clarify your post are you looking for a PR or Marketing agency or are you looking for advice on outlets to sell your shoes??

Rachael
    Posted: Apr 30, 2007 By: Rachael Member since: Jun 6, 2004
  3. treds

treds UKBF Regular Free Member

Hi my website is all of the w's .freesoles. com (sorry not allowed to post urls yet)
    I am actually looking for a distributor/agent in the UK. This company/person would be
    entrepreneurial minded and take care of the PR, marketing sales etc. Check out the site, I think youll enjoy them:)
    Nathan
    Posted: Apr 30, 2007 By: treds Member since: Apr 29, 2007
  4. kaz101

kaz101 UKBF Regular Free Member

I had to look for anything with shoes too! :)

Looking at the contact us it's an Australian website? Great I may order some when I move to Oz in a couple of months!

Karen
    Posted: Apr 30, 2007 By: kaz101 Member since: Jul 25, 2006
  5. Mac Yeti

Mac Yeti UKBF Regular Free Member

Hi Nathan,

I watched the video - they look pretty cool! All the best with it,

Jilly
    Posted: Apr 30, 2007 By: Mac Yeti Member since: Aug 22, 2005
  6. jedmantrading

jedmantrading UKBF Regular Free Member

When I first got one of these I though how does it work. They just stick and stick to your feet. It is always a great laugh on the street as people just can't believe what they see.

I bought mine from nakedsole.com They have been great for me and where delivered the next day.

Have a look for yourself. Ones I used them I got ride of my normal flip flops.

see for yourself nakedsole
    Posted: Aug 20, 2007 By: jedmantrading Member since: Aug 20, 2007
  7. Ravenfire

Ravenfire UKBF Regular Free Member

They do look different! Good luck with it
    Posted: Aug 21, 2007 By: Ravenfire Member since: May 18, 2005
  8. Sarah-Ink Promotions

Sarah-Ink Promotions UKBF Regular Free Member

I saw shoes like that on This Morning once, they look good but think I would walk like a numpty in them cos Id feel they werent held on properly :rolleyes:
    Posted: Aug 22, 2007 By: Sarah-Ink Promotions Member since: Nov 13, 2005
  9. williamgeorge

williamgeorge UKBF Regular Free Member

These aren't so much "shoes" as they are the absence of shoes: and by that we mean "it's a pair of soles that stick to your feet with some kind of foot adhesive." The makers say they're perfect for those hot, summer days when you don't want to get tan lines on your feet from your strappy sandals.
    ----------------------
    williamgeorge
    drivenwide
    Posted: Sep 23, 2008 By: williamgeorge Member since: Aug 29, 2008
  10. Silky

Silky UKBF Regular Free Member

Wow, they're definitely head turners! I'm sure potential distributors would bite your hand off at having something so different on their shelves....

I'm not entirely sure how the UK shoe industry works, I would imagine many of the larger retailers buy direct from the supplier. In this case a simple google search would give you an idea on potentials to target. Some are pretty traditional but there are a wide number who feature funky shoes who would be a "good fit" :)

Silky
    Posted: Sep 23, 2008 By: Silky Member since: Oct 29, 2007
  11. NMHancock

NMHancock UKBF Regular Free Member

Am I the only one who sees a major flaw in these designs, I presume the solvent is water based, which means being around a pool or the sea is a problem (as the solvent will stop working, it requires a dry surface). This means if you jump out the pool or the sea and your feet are wet, they wouldnÂ’t stick to the soles.

Secondly if you were to use them on a beach, which lets be honest most people would, will the sand not stick to the adhesive therefore creating almost a sand paper effect!

The adhesive can not remain sticky for ever, so I presume you are going to target the 'throw away flip-flop' holiday goers who buy a pair of flip flops every year and simply throw them away?

Is this not the same audience who will be either round a pool and/or by the beach? Making your product void?

Neil M Hancock
    Posted: Sep 24, 2008 By: NMHancock Member since: Apr 24, 2008
  12. MikeD08

MikeD08 UKBF Regular Free Member

I couldn't help but notice that the logo on the adept website is VERY similar to that used by Adio - a bit too similar in my opinion.
    Posted: Oct 2, 2008 By: MikeD08 Member since: Jul 24, 2008