1. Welcome to UKBF! Check out our FAQ guide.

Standing order forms & direct debit forms

Discussion in 'Accounts & Finance' started by Russ, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Russ

Russ UKBF Regular Free Member

Hi

Does anyone have templates for a standing order form and direct debit form that I can use?

Any help appreciated. Thank you

Russ
  2. creospace

creospace UKBF Regular Free Member

I have a good standing order template you can use. pm me your email.

Gary
  3. uksbc

uksbc UKBF Regular Free Member

i also have a standing order form in word format. pm me if you still need it

i have ones for annual, monthly or once only payment
  4. Russ

Russ UKBF Regular Free Member

Thanks guys, I have pm'dyou both my email details.

Russ
  5. Ozzy

Ozzy UKBF Regular Full Member - Verified Business

The DD form structor is stipulated by BACS (your bank) and they will provide you with a PDF to work from, you just change your logo and company details on it.
  6. bwglaw

bwglaw UKBF Regular Free Member

Don't you have to be registered to accept DD? There is a criteria of 250/clients/members and/or a turnover above £1m - last time I checked anyway.

SO can be easily created on a blank paper without your logo etc since the SO is the client's instruction and should not bear a service provider's logo. Just good practice not to.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Mark Bateman

Mark Bateman UKBF Regular Free Member

Hi Mate

I have just registered - any chance of you sending the standing oprder form please

Thanks

Mark
  8. GriffReed

GriffReed UKBF Regular Free Member

Please send template of SO form.

Nicola
  9. warmbells

warmbells UKBF Regular Free Member

Hi,

I'm web master for an animal rescue charity and I've just been asked to prepare a DD form and a SO form to put on our site for our supporters and visitors to download (as a PDF).

Can anyone help?

Gerald
  10. Guest

Hi Russ,
    I'm after the same templates as you were asking for.
    Could you please send them to me?
    James
  11. hopeful

hopeful UKBF Regular Free Member

Hi, I have just registered and would really appreciate a Standing Order template as well, Thanks very much, Ady
  12. DavidT

DavidT UKBF Regular Free Member

13. Astaroth

Astaroth UKBF Regular Free Member

Standing Order doesnt require a "template", they simply need your bank account number and sort code plus a short describer (not required but will help you work out who's paid).

As such you can make it look what ever you want, personally set up my SOs on the internet so the forms go in the bin
  14. paulyarwood

paulyarwood UKBF Newcomer Free Member

im after a blank form does anyone know where i can get one from ?
  15. silvana238

silvana238 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi, I have just registered and would really appreciate a Standing Order template as well.I have templates available.
  16. Admor

Admor UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Standing Orders - these are set up by your customer's bank. The forms are available free from your own bank or the customers can get them free from their bank. You can also just fill in the details on a sheet as long as you include all the details. You are best filling them in with your customer and sending them to their bank so you can control the process. In this case the money leaves their bank account and travels to your bank account. These are for a fixed amount.

Direct Debits - you need to be set up as a Direct Debit originator with your own bank who will need to 'accept you' for this purpose. The Bank takes a 'Risk' view of your business as your account is credited before it is known that the customer has the funds available to meet the direct debit on their account. These are for variable amounts and this also backs up the need for the bank to assess the originator.

Hope this helps the debate.
  17. David Griffiths

David Griffiths UKBF Regular Moderator

You do not need to be set up with your own bank. There are several third party providers who will set up and administer the direct debit service for you, making a charge usually based on transaction numbers. This may well be a more practical option for SMEs than having direct authorisation
  18. Cathy Duncan

Cathy Duncan UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Yeah, I think if you hire some expert’s services, it will be far better for you in terms of saving bulk of money. Give it a try rather than going for it directly. Best of luck, dude!
  19. Jill White

Jill White Guest

Hi. I've just joined and am also looking for a Standing Order template. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it as my bank has not been much help. Thanks in advance.
    Jill
  20. Sarah07

Sarah07 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hiya,

I've been trawling the net for standing order templates but can't find any decent ones. Can anyone help?

Thanks.