Sourcing Production Agent

Discussion in 'International Business' started by s03jr1, Nov 23, 2011.

1. s03jr1

s03jr1 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi there,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to read this post!

I have recently set up a clothing company, when I say recently I have all the designs, technical packs etc and am now looking for a suitable factory. I have been let down by more than one on either time or quality, sometimes both and I am now looking for a sourcing production agent, to find me a suitable factory overseas, preferably in Europe although I will consider any factory around the world if the quality is good enough.

My main problem is finding a quality factory which will produce my order numbers, as a start up they are relatively small. I am looking for a factory to produce knitwear, shirts, polos shirts and hoodies although the shirts and knitwear are a higher priority. I want orders of around 200 pieces, which I know is near on impossible to find, in three or four colourways.

If you work for a company or you are a freelance sourcing agent please contact me if you think you can help with an outline of your prices.

And anybody else if you know anyone that might be of use please let me know! I am getting to the end of my tether with scams and poor factories!:(

Thanks once again!!
    Jess
    Posted: Nov 23, 2011 By: s03jr1 Member since: Jan 25, 2011
  2. consultant

consultant I Can Help Your Business Moderator

Jess,

it is unlikely that you will get any big company to entertain that volume, without serious cost.

Look in the London's East End, Manchester/Oldham, Leicester etc, where there are production shops. It may cost more, but in the short term, lead times will be faster and they will probably be more responsive, on this volume.
    Posted: Nov 23, 2011 By: consultant Member since: Jan 21, 2008
  3. Vardan 89

Vardan 89 UKBF Contributor Full Member

Hi Jess,

I don't know anyone as such but my counterparts in India might be able to help.

If I understand right, are you looking for each product in 4 colours and total of all 3-4 colours will be 200 pieces or each colour of 200 pieces?

Please advise and I can try.

If you are interested, please drop me an email at darshan@vandsint.com and also a guide price or your target manufacturing price for each product.

Thanks in advance,
    Darshan
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
    Posted: Nov 23, 2011 By: Vardan 89 Member since: Aug 23, 2011
  4. sewingworks

sewingworks UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hello,

We are working with fashion designers from Europe, Netherlands, Finland and others. Our quantity can be from one to mass production including pattern making, grading, first samples and large quantities. If you are looking for to manufacturer of clothing in Europe, please visit our website and make an inquiry sewingworks.eu
    Posted: Oct 31, 2012 By: sewingworks Member since: Apr 7, 2012
  5. JJ70

JJ70 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

We can source for you, we are a reputable company with government references. However with your small order numbers this is not likely to be the most efficient way of doing business unless you are in need of high end branded products.
    Posted: Nov 1, 2012 By: JJ70 Member since: Aug 24, 2011