Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, make sure to follow us on Twitter! Say hi and we'll be sure to follow back!

Showtechdj.co.uk

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Colour Splash, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Colour Splash

Colour Splash UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Has anyone had trouble buying from Showtechic UK?

I have their checkout process is misleading at the least and dishonest at the most.

I have received no feedback to any communications Emaild them loads called them sent registered post.

They have no customer service. Something they advertise about on their site.

They charge you for becoming a member to their site I got a surprise when I saw 54E taken out from my account.

they said that by becoming a member of their site that and ticking the terms and conditions box that I was agreeing to their services. All I wanted to do was buy a product from them.

I would advise people to be careful doing business with them.

Is there anything that I can do I am concerned that they are getting away with this and that I will be billed again next year automatically.
    Any advice?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
    Posted: Sep 6, 2012 By: Colour Splash Member since: Sep 6, 2012
  2. quixotic

quixotic UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hello, i've had major hassle with this company, I take it you have not received your goods?

Posted: Sep 10, 2012 By: quixotic Member since: Sep 9, 2012
  3. Mr Anderson

Mr Anderson UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I too had problems with this company, ordered something that was in stock, they advertised £4.99 delivery, charged me £7.99 first off. I thought it was probably a website mistake but then none of the advertised secure payment methods worked and they magically took the money a few hours after I completed check out.

Item didn't arrive after 5 days, checked my bank statement and they had taken an additional £41.88 for the so called "membership fee". Tried to cancel my order with them completely and they said the item had already been dispatched and I would have to follow their returns procedure to get a refund. The item never arrived either. They also told me that the membership could not be cancelled.

I was completely unaware I had signed up for membership.

I have disputed the transactions as unauthorised with my credit card issuer and reported showtech to the OFT.

Bottom line, avoid this company at all costs. I guarantee they won't be around for long.

Posted: Sep 28, 2012 By: Mr Anderson Member since: Sep 28, 2012
  4. quixotic

quixotic UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hello, you could have cancelled legally by sending a tracked letter within 7 days stating you wanted to cancel, I hope you can get a refund, clearly there is something very wrong that this keeps happening to people.

Posted: Sep 28, 2012 By: quixotic Member since: Sep 9, 2012
  5. minoskram

minoskram UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I have just been done by the same scam of taking money with out you agreeing to it its illegal and I will be following it up. Ringing trading standards in the morning!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

This is a helpful website

.out-law.com/page-430

Posted: Oct 24, 2012 By: minoskram Member since: Oct 24, 2012
  6. maggymarkle

maggymarkle UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Yes stung here also. Having realised that the "membership fee" had been taken without my confirmation or authorisation ( lets face it ,a seller doesnt give a purchaser something without agreeing an amount) The company said that it could not be returned or cancelled because the membership was not " goods".
    However, Distance Selling regulations apply to goods and services! AND there is the cooling off period to take into account

1. I didnt purchase a membership(a service) and 2. they are either ignorant of the law (no excuse)or just running a little scam. It does not matter that information about membership is on the website, the purchase must be agreed. No details or amounts were agreed. Its a case for Trading Standards to get the money back for me. There is also , what I believe is, false information about this on their website which needs sorting out.

If they've got you too please contact consumer advice/trading standards. This kind of thing makes my blood boil.

Posted: Oct 24, 2012 By: maggymarkle Member since: Oct 24, 2012
  7. pinkyinnes

pinkyinnes UKBF Newcomer Free Member

:mad: I wish i'd seen these post before i got scammed. I bought a bulb from them , and they charged me £49.99 for membership - I did say I wanted to be a member - but there was nothing saying it would cost me anything - I only gave permission to used my card for the bulb , not the membership. Has anyone successfuly received a refund? xxx

Posted: Oct 28, 2012 By: pinkyinnes Member since: Oct 28, 2012
  8. Mr Anderson

Mr Anderson UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Finally got my money back from Visa Debit nearly 2 months on. My advice is send an email cancelling your order and the membership within 7 days of your order, reject all goods (if they are delivered) and then after 30 days raise a dispute with your bank that goods and services were not refunded. Under DSRs you have the right to cancel both goods and subscriptions within 7 days. Don't waste your time with showtech just send the cancellation email and complain to your bank if you don't get your refund. :)

Posted: Nov 5, 2012 By: Mr Anderson Member since: Sep 28, 2012
  9. abacab

abacab UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I agree 100%

Have been in dispute with this 'company' for ages now and waited more than a month for a replacement product and now a refund. After reading this thread I went back and checked my bank account to find I too had been charged £41.88 for 'membership' despite knowing I didn't agree to signing at the time of my purchase - (in addition why £41.88 when the website says membership is £49.99?) No invoice ever showing this amount was ever sent either, just for the purchase price agreed as you 'check out' and pay for your item. I imagine they hope you won't think to check you bank statement.

Rude, immoral, non existent customer service, will answer your emails if they can be bothered and then always curtly, NEVER answer their phone despite you being charged as an 0872 number and kept waiting for a number of minutes before going through to a recorded message. I've been lied to by them and caught them out. By the way this isn't a warehouse or factory, this is being run out of this person's home.

Please don't be taken in by their professional looking website and shop somewhere else. I am absolutely livid and have never personally come across anything like this before. Lesson learned for me though, research any company before making an online purchase.

Diabolical

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
    Posted: Nov 15, 2012 By: abacab Member since: Nov 15, 2012
  10. abacab

abacab UKBF Newcomer Free Member

And can I just add, I am 99.99% certain that the product I purchased came with a one year's free membership, which is why I didn't blink an eye when I saw 'one year's membership £0.00' on my invoice. Unfortunately the product I purchase is no longer for sale so I cannot verify this.

Posted: Nov 15, 2012 By: abacab Member since: Nov 15, 2012
  11. DJKD

DJKD Guest

Please be sure to avoid any membership fee as you will not get a refund, doncaster trading is investigating at least ten complaints. IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE before the showtech man is no more!

Posted: Dec 21, 2012 By: DJKD Member since: Dec 10, 2012
  12. newboss

newboss UKBF Newcomer Free Member

The most ironic thing is that there website says under new management.
    Its the same manager and i know this from speaking to the idiot today.

They have also ripped me off by failing to deliver goods and no refund fortcoming.

In response so far i have done the following:

• Spoke to bank who have advised a chargeback
    • Also contacted Nominet as the website does not have any WHOIS information supplied.
    • Also contacted Birmingham trading standards to report this and they will pass on.
    Th guy whom i spoke to today said he bought the website for 1p and that he was the new owner after buying it from his wife. :D
    However they are not a limited company and the domain hasnt been updated since last July therefore its the same owners.
    As they are not a limited company this is personal liability and not limited liability.

Another classic of a line he come out with was that the shop was a seperate company and i couldnt get a ccj against him as in his words "He had them coming out of his Ar*e and no one ever gets a penny"

Well he will have a suprise when i instruct baliffs on a busy day to attend his shop and take the goods in value to the sum owed.

New Management is just a cover up for FRAUD.

The company is a fraud and i urge everybody to not shop with showtechdj.co.uk

Trading standards are investigating this company for fraud.

Posted: Jan 8, 2013 By: newboss Member since: Sep 20, 2012
  13. grumpy_bear

grumpy_bear UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I made an order from these sharks and paid next day deleiver. 2 weeks later they got around to dispatching the item. Item turns up broken. I request a return number, to be told Showtechnic had gone out of business, but Showtechdj had taken over and would honour the replacement. A further 2 weeks and nothing, so I call them. I am told I would not get a replacement or a refund. The guy I spoke to aas very agressive but not forthcoming with any info on their part (the new company name, company number, VAT number, MD etc.) when I thretened to take his company to court (it was clear he was the brains behind the scam) he told me I wouldn't be able to find him. He was very quick with all the scam answers and clearly very well practiced. Neither Showtechnic or Showtechdj.co.uk are registered companies with Companies house. Their invoices have no contact details, VAT details, Company registration details etc. The whole set-up seems wrong and I will be talking to trading standards next week. Stay well clear

Posted: Jan 25, 2013 By: grumpy_bear Member since: Jan 25, 2013
  14. idiomatic

idiomatic UKBF Newcomer Free Member

This may be an old thread, and the original web site causing problems is no longer directly addressable. However, the same trader has popped up elsewhere, continuing similar practices. OK so the "phoenix" phenomenon is well known in business. A rogue business is dissolved, either leaving a trail of bad debt, or ill-will, and rises from the ashes under the same ownership, director, or management. Untouchable and untraceable? Following this thread, it seems the website owner is using "http 301 permanent redirect" to a new URL from the old (why?). The new site has some dubious terms and conditions, a customer services contact that cannot be contacted, and a premium rate number which is never answered, earning a small living from poor (no) service. A slight improvement perhaps on the previous site. Now though operating under a trading name owned by a Ltd Company (that has yet to file accounts). Does this also sound familiar? It is not difficult to track the owner and shape shifting, using Who-Is look ups and tools that detect URL masking, cloaking and redirects, and Google Analytics. Why, oh why, do Trading Standards not get onto this? There are a few other questions to ask about said sites terms and conditions, and the security of the web-site and use of personal data. Hopefully the right questions will be asked by the relevant regulators.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
    Posted: Aug 22, 2013 By: idiomatic Member since: Feb 3, 2012
  15. mimilovell

mimilovell UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Thanks for the warning. I will definately not buy from this company,

Posted: Mar 17, 2014 By: mimilovell Member since: Mar 10, 2014