1. Welcome to the new-look UKBF! Check out our FAQ guide.

Selling Website. How do I transfer domain name to new owner?

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by m1ntie, Mar 30, 2008.

1. m1ntie

m1ntie UKBF Regular Free Member

Hi Everyone

I am in the process of selling my website with .com & .UK domain names and am finding it difficult to understand how I go about transferring ownership of the domain names to the new owner.

I have both a.com and a .co.uk both registered through 1&1. There site has lots of information about domain names but does not tell you how to go about transferring ownership. I would be very grateful if anyone could advise.

Regards
  2. consultant

consultant UKBF Regular Moderator

go to the place you bought the website from and on their control panel, type in the new info. If no control panel, contact them
  3. m1ntie

m1ntie UKBF Regular Free Member

Hi Consultant

Thanks for your reply, maybe I am being thick but I dont understand it.

The website that I have accepted an offer for was constructed by a developer. The domain name for which I own the .com and .uk suffix were purchased through 1&1.

What I need to know is how I transfer the domain names to the purchaser of my website.

Regards
  4. consultant

consultant UKBF Regular Moderator

do you have access to the 1&1 control panel? Assuming you do, there should be somewhere to mange the registrant details. That will get the domain owner details changed. If you cant fine it, contact their support.

If the new owner wants to transfer the domain to another company, they can do that, or probably you can, by writing to 1&1
  5. Cybamart

Cybamart UKBF Regular Free Member

Hi there M1ntie, I did this recently through eNom and also GoDaddy, I have just looked up on Google how to do it through 1&1 and they have a step by step guide available here - http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:hXISKB9yOF8J:https://products.secureserver.net/products/domain_transfers/transfer_domain_1and1__reseller.pdf+1%261+domain+transfer&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1

There are morepages on the subject too just type "1&1 domain transfer" into Google and it will bring them all up, this was the most informative I saw at a glance.