Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, make sure to follow us on Twitter! Say hi and we'll be sure to follow back!

Payment Gateways

Discussion in 'Magento Support' started by AndyCollen, Apr 18, 2015.

1. AndyCollen

AndyCollen UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi,

What payment gateways are you guys using with Magento ?

I have a magento website in place but as yet I have no payment options other that paypal express.

I am looking some suggestions for a reliable provider and extension. My head is spinning looking at pros and cons of each and now I am totally confused ! I have looked at Braintree, Stripe, Paypal Payments Pro, Sagepay and more.

My average transactions should be about £15 to £20.

Also I have no merchant account set up yet.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Posted: Apr 18, 2015 By: AndyCollen Member since: Jan 18, 2010
  2. hwkiani94

hwkiani94 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi I am using stripe which is card processing service. They have low costs and is very secure. It is ideal with your transaction amount. Also its another option to people who do not use paypal

Posted: Apr 19, 2015 By: hwkiani94 Member since: Apr 13, 2015
  3. AndyCollen

AndyCollen UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Thanks, was put off by reviews saying Stripe had just closed their account with no warning but will have another look at it again.

Posted: Apr 19, 2015 By: AndyCollen Member since: Jan 18, 2010
  4. magentostore

magentostore UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Stripe is much better then any other payment gateway. You should have to go with this.

Posted: Apr 20, 2015 By: magentostore Member since: Mar 30, 2015
  5. Nochexman

Nochexman UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

How many payments are you actually taking each month or are you at the beginner stage?

Posted: Apr 20, 2015 By: Nochexman Member since: Jun 14, 2011
  6. LMDServicesUK

LMDServicesUK Barking Mad - Home Boarding for Dogs Full Member - Verified Business

What is your projected monthly revenue likely to be ? How long can you wait for payments to arrive in your account ?

Stripe is a good starting point if low value / volume but can get very expensive very quickly, and payment can take up to 7 working days from authorisation..

Posted: Apr 21, 2015 By: LMDServicesUK Member since: Apr 18, 2013
  7. AntoineR

AntoineR UKBF Newcomer Free Member

The best combination will be Stripe + Paypal. It doesn't matter how small your business is.

How can it become very expensive. Can you please explain?

Posted: May 4, 2015 By: AntoineR Member since: Mar 10, 2015
  8. LMDServicesUK

LMDServicesUK Barking Mad - Home Boarding for Dogs Full Member - Verified Business

The percentage rates charged per tx are far higher with Stripe or PayPal than with a conventional merchant account.

Also settlement can be up to 7 days from date of payment authorisation, finally they do not support 3D Secure and all Payment Processors will charge higher rates for card transactions that have not been authenticated using 3D Secure where the card is registered for 3D Secure.

Therefore great for very low volume / value Business tx, but soon gets expensive once your monthly tx values start to increase.

Posted: May 4, 2015 By: LMDServicesUK Member since: Apr 18, 2013
  9. abellina

abellina UKBF Contributor Free Member

Hi andy,
    You can use Authorize.net and Braintree.Both of them provides reliable services.

Posted: May 5, 2015 By: abellina Member since: Apr 29, 2015
  10. Nochexman

Nochexman UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

It tends to be due to the lack of 3D Secure; can get very expensive when you get a fraudulent chargeback.

Posted: May 8, 2015 By: Nochexman Member since: Jun 14, 2011
  11. Iancs

Iancs UKBF Contributor Full Member

We tend to use sage pay, we find it to be very reliable and easy to integrate with.

Posted: Jun 2, 2015 By: Iancs Member since: Feb 27, 2012
  12. Infigic

Infigic UKBF Newcomer Free Member

you can use PayPal and Braintree,that are very easy to use and more securely.

Posted: Dec 30, 2016 By: Infigic Member since: Dec 30, 2016
  13. Sparetoolparts

Sparetoolparts UKBF Regular Full Member

I'm using Paypal Express and Braintree doing 20-30 sales a day average sales value £25 no problems with this service.

Braintree also offer 0% transaction fee for first £60k worth of transactions for new businesses.

Posted: Jan 4, 2017 By: Sparetoolparts Member since: Oct 26, 2015