1. Welcome to UKBF! Check out our FAQ guide.

parcel held at customs uk

Discussion in 'International Business' started by lisad, Nov 9, 2010.

1. lisad

lisad UKBF Newcomer Free Member

iv got some goods coming from china for my daughter, this is how the tracking reads. it states delivered but this is not the case.it stops at handed over to customs, can anyone tell me if iam likely to recieve the goods
    thanks in advance
  2. Higley

Higley UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Customs are probably just checking the goods for duty owed... If you don't get them within 14 days, I would contact the delivery company.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. lisad

thank you for your reply, however the goods were siezed and are to be destroyed....be aware they are clamping down on goods through!!!!:( there was only two pairs of sheepskin boots in the package
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  4. Higley

That's unusual

Did they not include the correct documentation?
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2010
  5. lisad

To be honest I do not know as i haven't recieved the parcel, customs certainly never said on their letter. Just my luck!!!
  6. nextec

nextec UKBF Contributor Free Member

Sounds to me that they may have possibly been counterfeit goods, were they supposedly branded products?
  7. Higley

Customs are starting to really crack down on counterfits
  8. lisad

i believe you are right but the site i bought them from did not say they were uggs just good quality sheepskin boots, it wasn't until the letter arrived that Ugg was mentioned, i should have asked more questions but i just wanted the best quality i could afford and that seemed to be this site.
    ill be more vigilant if i shop abroad again!!!!
  9. Higley

A good tip is to buy on credit card... If this would have happened on a credit card order, you would have been covered by your credit card company for any losses incurred.
  10. lisad

i have paid by paypal so hopefully i will be refunded, just sent all documentation to them...fingers crossed
  11. paulears

paulears UKBF Contributor Free Member

I doubt paypal can do anything, as the seller completed their part of the contract.
  12. lisad

the seller did not however say he was sending ugg boots that is not what was advertised
  13. SillyJokes

SillyJokes UKBF Regular Free Member

Ahhhh Muggs
  14. Esk247

Esk247 UKBF Regular Free Member

Buy from British companies in the future. It may cost more but hey..you won't have problems with customs and they won't be fake (9 times out of 10)

You may have lost your money though as foreign companies don't seem to give much of a hoot about refunds on individual items I'm afraid.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. atmosbob

atmosbob UKBF Contributor Free Member

I heard this from someone local last xmas. Ugg boots seem to be a favourite with counterfeiters.
  16. lisad

thanks for that nugget sillyjokes, very helpful lol
    i will let you know how i get on with paypal. and thanks for all your advice and comments.:)
  17. angelfacexxx

angelfacexxx Guest

Hi Lisad! The same thing happened to me but with 4 sheepskin boots- I called up customs as on the tracking page it say "held at customs" and they said a letter would be sent out. Do you know what this letter says? I'm getting pretty scared.
  18. paulears

paulears UKBF Contributor Free Member

Come on - when you bought them, you looked at the picture and either thought they were Ugg, or you thought they looked like Ugg - but were much cheaper. Either way paypal or the credit card won't help as you lose your protection if the goods were illegal. If you unwittingly buy stolen goods with a card in the UK, and the Police remove them, the credit card company duck out - sorry! You took a gamble and lost.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Exemplas

Exemplas UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Surely Uggs wouldn't last a week in our rainy weather anyway, certainly not comfortably?
  20. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash Guest

That part is not true. You are still protected if they are completely different from what you ordered - and its hard to argue a counterfeit product isn't completely different (unless of course they were advertised as fake in the first place...)

No, what you'll find is they're not "clamping down on goods". They're actually clamping down on illegal goods that cost legitimate businesses money - big difference. I'm not sure if you expect sympathy on this point from a bunch of business owners, all who've been the victims of some flavour of scam in the past...