Master Franchise?? ideas?

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by Ukazi-Tazzy, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Ukazi-Tazzy

Ukazi-Tazzy UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Not too sure where to post this, but here goes...

I'm currently 17 and very enthusiastic, and recently have been researching franchises'

I planned to buy the Master Franchise from Nandos, the popular restaurant, for Spain, in which i planned to expand the company, but Nandos told me they were currently not interested in joining the european market... :|

I have roughly a Million to spend, from both my parents who believe i can profit from this, to buy a franchise and sort everything out, which i think i can handle, since i know quite a few people in the business world, through my father, that can help if i get stuck somewhere.

Thing is i'm still in full-time education, and want to continue to university, so have ventured to not start my very own company, but to purchase a Franchise and build up from there.

Nandos was my first option, but that's gone down the drain...so can anyone let me know of any other food company or anything else, that would be willing to sell there profitable franchise??

Thanks, sorry for the long post.

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 By: Ukazi-Tazzy Member since: Jun 25, 2008
  2. fairestcape

fairestcape UKBF Newcomer Free Member

You'll need much more than a measly million if you want to buy a Nando's Master Franchise. :D

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 By: fairestcape Member since: Jun 25, 2008
  3. fairestcape

fairestcape UKBF Newcomer Free Member

... and you'll need to give evidence of significant experience and expertise in the fastfood retail industry.

At 17, I think your experience/expertise may still be in its infancy.

No reutable company will negotiate a master franchise with a greenhorn aged 17 - (unless you're the son of a Saudi Prince, or Bill Gates).

Put the money in the bank (not Northern Rock or RBS) for a couple of years, finish your schooling, then come back to this forum.

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 By: fairestcape Member since: Jun 25, 2008
  4. the daddy

the daddy UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I would not worry too much about your age, it is possible to overcome this with the right personality, I would be more worried about been street wise and having a knowledge of the industry you are looking to get in to.

Some people such as myself have been brought up in the board room of their parents company which enables you to get a good back stage understanding of the business world at an early age.

I agree that some of the franchisers out there may treat you like a child, however there will also be others (Ok they may not be the market leaders in the industry) whom will be more than willing to consider you as an applicant.

You say you are "enthusiastic" this is one of the main traits they will be looking for!

I had started and sold my 1st business by the age of 17 so don't be put off!

I also went to Uni and would recommend the experience I would also say Uni is the perfect place to start a business as there are loads of resources, you can use your business in assignments and there will be loads of people who would love to test the skills they are training in for free or cheap! I met my IT Director at Uni.

Of course horses for courses and I respect my view will not be the same as the others, but at least you have the info to make your own mind up!

Posted: Jul 5, 2008 By: the daddy Member since: Jul 5, 2008