Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, make sure to follow us on Twitter! Say hi and we'll be sure to follow back!

Live Chat on Website

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by UK Business Directory, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Vicky Limerick

Vicky Limerick UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I second using Tawk.to
    I used it in my previous role and although it didn't quite match to their needs the use of the programme was very good

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 By: Vicky Limerick Member since: Dec 14, 2016
  2. PrintDan

PrintDan UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I must be the only one who hasn't had any success from Live Chat.

Live on our Promo Product website for 6 months which gains 4 to 5 new customer quote requests a day.

We only had 2 people on Live Chat...

Posted: Dec 20, 2016 By: PrintDan Member since: Dec 20, 2016
  3. Alan

Alan UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

Although I have live chat on my website, I have only every had one contact through it and that was 1) an existing customer 2) chat was offline at the time ( so messaged )

So for me an experiment / failed

Posted: Dec 20, 2016 By: Alan Member since: Aug 16, 2011
  4. lynxus

lynxus UKBF Ace Full Member

We have many clients that say a lot of conversions are now off the back of a chat with someone within their company.

Altho, we also have clients that dont even sell things and use it more as a "client relations" system and couldn't be happier with the feedback.

Its one of those things you just have to try and see if its suitable for your business and clients (Most of not all provide free trials anyway)

Posted: Dec 22, 2016 By: lynxus Member since: Jul 5, 2011
  5. Idosell Shop

Idosell Shop UKBF Regular Free Member

And customer satisfaction by 20+

Posted: Dec 23, 2016 By: Idosell Shop Member since: Dec 2, 2016
  6. webprojectuk

webprojectuk UKBF Contributor Free Member

It does work. I have done some split testing on this and had a 10% increase in conversion. However, in order for live chat to work you really need to use it! I say this because I tell my clients this than after few weeks I will do a test by pretending to be a customer. I will find many will have the live chat on but when you click to connect with someone you get no answer. Or the live chat is off when it should be on! So, internal training is very important and having the resources. If you can achieve this than you will see benefits especially if you have high volume of traffic.

Posted: Dec 23, 2016 By: webprojectuk Member since: Jul 8, 2006
  7. kgg.becks

kgg.becks UKBF Newcomer Free Member

In my business plan was always to look to support customers in any way and as customer myself I find that chatting to someone a lot more easier than talking on the phone. Give your customers different ways of contacting is the best solution in my beleive and chat is one of them.

Posted: Jan 2, 2017 By: kgg.becks Member since: Dec 18, 2016
  8. Idosell Shop

80-85% of answers can be standard copy-paste, using chat you can provide feedback to several customers at the same time. You are more effective and your customers do not feel the difference.
    Another important thing is that you can provide discussion summary to your customers- this build up your position as a reliable business.

Posted: Jan 2, 2017 By: Idosell Shop Member since: Dec 2, 2016
  9. kgg.becks

kgg.becks UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Yes I agree with that, and I have been dissapointed with some chat experiences mostly by big companies who aim only to get your money and not help customers. I think that's the difference with big and small business. Small business will aim to provide best support because this is only way to progress.

Posted: Jan 2, 2017 By: kgg.becks Member since: Dec 18, 2016
  10. Idosell Shop

Only when you create additional value you can win with bigger players- this is what we call personal touch. This requires a high level of service automation- auto-triggered customer notification saves your time and delivers all necessary information to your customers. Live chat is a cherry on top of automation.

Posted: Jan 2, 2017 By: Idosell Shop Member since: Dec 2, 2016
  11. Helen Wood

Helen Wood UKBF Newcomer Free Member

It can work in my opinion (and what I know from working with web developers) but ONLY if the reply is in fact instant and always available (or the function is turned off when no one is there). Otherwise, you may as well use email.

Posted: Jan 3, 2017 By: Helen Wood Member since: Dec 5, 2016
  12. Idosell Shop

You can redirect chat to mobile phone application- this way you can provide instant response even on the move. I agree that sometimes chat comes in the unexpected moments but in a worst case, you can provide the available schedule to the customer.

Posted: Jan 3, 2017 By: Idosell Shop Member since: Dec 2, 2016
  13. Ilkka Vertanen

Ilkka Vertanen UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi all!
    I have found that to succeed with live chat one has to have set a clear goal (for example generating leads or increasing customer service efficiency) and commitment to go online with chat regularly. Just implementing chat on the website rarely generates excellent results.

Depending on your goals, I can point you to some hopefully interesting and useful content.

Posted: Jan 4, 2017 By: Ilkka Vertanen Member since: Jan 4, 2017
  14. RealDealHolidays

RealDealHolidays UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I use tawk.to and it is amazing been nothing but impressed with it to be honest

Posted: Jan 7, 2017 By: RealDealHolidays Member since: Jan 7, 2017
  15. Ashley_Price

Ashley_Price Your Personal Shopper for Office Supplies Full Member - Verified Business

16. Samaksh

Samaksh UKBF Newcomer Free Member

From my experience, 10-30% increase in conversion rate can be expected on transactional websites. But I think in order to ensure/increase ROI/conversions with chat, you need to have the right agent available on chat. A badly trained chat on your live chat tool will likely to decrease conversions.

Posted: Jan 11, 2017 By: Samaksh Member since: Sep 8, 2016
  17. MyPensionAdviceExpert

MyPensionAdviceExpert UKBF Newcomer Full Member

Live Chat is great and integrates with most content management systems. You could test the effectiveness of it with an A/B test to see if website visitors take a desired action more often with live chat installed.

Posted: Jan 12, 2017 By: MyPensionAdviceExpert Member since: Jan 12, 2017
  18. Idosell Shop

Whenever you give a trial to new web features it is worth to A/B testing- from payments to COP, chat, new layout etc...

Posted: Jan 12, 2017 By: Idosell Shop Member since: Dec 2, 2016
  19. UK Business Directory

UK Business Directory UKBF Contributor Full Member

I tried tawk.to which is free and a good product, but found it slows down the site. Possibly due to it tracking and recording visitor behaviour

Posted: Jan 12, 2017 By: UK Business Directory Member since: Nov 16, 2016
  20. BTON Agency

BTON Agency UKBF Contributor Free Member

Depends on what your offering via the website.

We have it on ours, more a gimmick, only really getting silly questions as opposed to inquiries.

But for 6 quid a month we keep it on the off chance it does result in some business.

Posted: Jan 16, 2017 at 11:10 AM By: BTON Agency Member since: Aug 19, 2014