Sales, Marketing & PR Brought to you by InFront Digital
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, make sure to follow us on Twitter! Say hi and we'll be sure to follow back!

Live Chat on Website

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by UK Business Directory, Nov 18, 2016.

1. UK Business Directory

UK Business Directory UKBF Contributor Full Member

Hi

For those who use live chat on website, does it help in generating sales?

Considering installing Live Chat on one of my websites

Posted: Nov 18, 2016 By: UK Business Directory Member since: Nov 16, 2016
  2. Ian Sutherland

Ian Sutherland UKBF Contributor Full Member

we put on talk.to recently as it was a free wordpress plug-in and works really well. We've had one customer convert after using it, but difficult to say whether they would have just emailed us if the option wasn't there. It does also cut out some of the chaff.

Posted: Nov 18, 2016 By: Ian Sutherland Member since: Aug 25, 2016
  3. Ian Sutherland

Ian Sutherland UKBF Contributor Full Member

if you want to see it in action search Google for Your Office Anywhere (a couple more posts and I can put a proper link in here) I'm here till 5.00pm

Posted: Nov 18, 2016 By: Ian Sutherland Member since: Aug 25, 2016
  4. Scott-Copywriter

Scott-Copywriter UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

I know of (and have worked on) a number of websites where live chat has made a considerable difference to conversion rates.

Absolutely give it a try.

Posted: Nov 18, 2016 By: Scott-Copywriter Member since: May 10, 2006
  5. webhostuk

webhostuk UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

100% Yes for our business almost 95% Of new visitor as well as our own customers prefer our livechat option, for quick sales , billing and most important support related assistance.

Posted: Nov 19, 2016 By: webhostuk Member since: Jul 26, 2009
  6. JMack986

JMack986 UKBF Contributor Full Member

We've been finding some good success from our livechat. You can get a 30 day trial with Zopim (it's recently be renamed Zendesk chat).

Posted: Nov 19, 2016 By: JMack986 Member since: Nov 12, 2016
  7. SamLH

SamLH UKBF Regular Full Member

Its different for different sites/companies. We put chat on and got 1 conversion almost instantly. Like said above though, he still probably would have contacted us via different methods.

Posted: Nov 19, 2016 By: SamLH Member since: Jun 3, 2016
  8. SDLBiz

SDLBiz UKBF Contributor Free Member

As a consumer, I always take advantage of live chat as I can get my questions answered a lot quicker so as a result, can speed up my purchase. If you look at it from this POV, it is a good tool to have.

Posted: Nov 19, 2016 By: SDLBiz Member since: Nov 18, 2014
  9. Brave Temple

Brave Temple UKBF Newcomer Full Member

I've not used it much myself but I've heard that it can depend heavily on how you use it. I know someone who was just using it to answer people questions. This removed the need for them to call which in turn meant they did not convert as well for him. Once he realised his mistake, he started using it to encourage phone calls which worked really well

Posted: Nov 20, 2016 By: Brave Temple Member since: Nov 16, 2016
  10. Xtm_Mike

Xtm_Mike UKBF Regular Full Member

I absolutely love Live Chat.. it's a little more demanding but rewarding.

The absolute best software we have used is Intercom - we got so many compliments when using this. Our customers loved it. However it is very expensive.

We are currently using Drift as it has a similar flow to Intercom and is much cheaper.

Posted: Nov 20, 2016 By: Xtm_Mike Member since: Dec 10, 2010
  11. nguoiduatin196

nguoiduatin196 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I need to consult the actual experience during your use. :rolleyes:

Posted: Nov 21, 2016 By: nguoiduatin196 Member since: Oct 20, 2016
  12. Idosell Shop

Idosell Shop UKBF Regular Free Member

We have live chat- it is only sales chat- all technical questions are redirected to customers service ticketing system or hot lines- this way all support cases can be easily managed and tracked.
    Sales chat works just perfect for us.

Posted: Dec 7, 2016 By: Idosell Shop Member since: Dec 2, 2016
  13. Website Design Ltd

Website Design Ltd UKBF Contributor Free Member

If you have never tried it before, I would certainly recommend trying it. Services like ClickDesk have a free option as long as you stay within a limited number of conversations, so well worth giving it a go!

Posted: Dec 7, 2016 By: Website Design Ltd Member since: Oct 5, 2016
  14. Alan

Alan UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

ZenDesk chat has a 'lite' version that is free. Takes seconds to set up so easy to give it a go.

Posted: Dec 7, 2016 By: Alan Member since: Aug 16, 2011
  15. Ashley_Price

Ashley_Price UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

I have had Live Chat on the site for about a month, and no one has asked for a chat yet... but then the site does need an overhaul, so it may be that that is putting people off.

But it's there if people do want to use it, but then I have had quote requests or questions through several other mediums as well, include Twitter and both Linkedin and Facebook messaging.

Posted: Dec 8, 2016 By: Ashley_Price Member since: Feb 9, 2008
  16. Scott-Copywriter

Scott-Copywriter UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

Do you have it set up so a chat box automatically pops up in front of the visitor with a prewritten message?

That's the main way to get it working well. Have it appear with a "Hello. How can I help you today?" type of message, as if you were reaching out to them. A lot more people will type a reply where you can start chatting to them.

Posted: Dec 8, 2016 By: Scott-Copywriter Member since: May 10, 2006
  17. Ashley_Price

Ashley_Price UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

Using Zendesk (previously Zopim) it won't allow this on the free version. Is there another that does allow it?

Posted: Dec 9, 2016 By: Ashley_Price Member since: Feb 9, 2008
  18. Jay69

Jay69 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

At the very least it makes you look more responsive and open to support and gives you an edge over your competitors. People really value support and the easier the better!

Posted: Dec 9, 2016 By: Jay69 Member since: Dec 9, 2016
  19. Idosell Shop

Idosell Shop UKBF Regular Free Member

From the other side, it is also better in case you have one tool to manage all the inputs from leads/customers. There are several tools on the market which are prepared for effective inputs handling- search well and you will find them.

Posted: Dec 9, 2016 By: Idosell Shop Member since: Dec 2, 2016
  20. benjaminjones

benjaminjones UKBF Contributor Free Member

I use Zopim Live chat and its great for us. Customers contact through the live chat more than the actual contact page which is a plus side. Definitely, should have it . Depends on what sort of industry you're in. I'm a website designer so clients want to get hold of me there and then i

Posted: Dec 9, 2016 By: benjaminjones Member since: Apr 10, 2016