Sales, Marketing & PR Brought to you by Textlocal
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, make sure to follow us on Twitter! Say hi and we'll be sure to follow back!

Is it beneficial to have full profile and contact details of all companies visiting your b2b webpage

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by sam sisodia, Jan 6, 2017.

1. sam sisodia

sam sisodia UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I have recently started using my current market leading companies software for my own business. Its a cloud platform which shows me what companies are visiting my site who haven't enquired in real time, and provides me with all details of all senior people across different departments allowing me to make contact to my target audience to understand there needs. It has reduced my marketing cost and maximized its efficiency as well as increasing my revenue and business. I'm wondering how useful this could be to many other companies who are currently struggling with growth or looking to increase efficiency and productivity and what business owners on the forum think of this as a tool ?

Posted: Jan 6, 2017 By: sam sisodia Member since: Jan 6, 2017
  2. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

If it worked it would be very useful.. How does it identify what companies visit your site?

Posted: Jan 6, 2017 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  3. Oliver King

Oliver King UKBF Newcomer Full Member

Hi Sam. Sounds very much like you are trying to sell the software:)

Yes they can help but ultimately the information is only as good as the people using it - Generally the sales team needs to be very proactive if using as a sales tool.

One other point to note is that I don't think the software recognises ALL companies. From my experience having used a few of these Reverse IP services that it picks up generally around 50% of the companies. Also, any person browsing on a private IP (from home for example) won't be picked up, UNLESS they have requested information. Also, it would depend on the data source so I would personally take 'provides me with all details of all senior people across different departments' with a very big pinch of salt

So whilst there is potential definitely, it has to be a right fit for the company involved. Inside sales / 'hunter/gather' roles within companies will normally like this software...

Posted: Jan 6, 2017 By: Oliver King Member since: Dec 29, 2016
  4. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

There was a thread from someone on here recently complaining that he had been scammed by a similar scheme, he was promised x number of leads or his money back. He got not a single useable lead in the time agreed and, guess what, he didn't get his money back.

Posted: Jan 6, 2017 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  5. sam sisodia

H
    Well i'm a consultant at the company and wanted to use it for myself. It works on IP reverse tracking but the company I work for are the market leaders and have the largest data base of IP addresses globally. They are always investing and growing it. I'm interested by the software and learning about how good the other competitors have been for people because I haven't seen a company that even comes close.

6. Clinton

Clinton UKBF Ace Full Member

The company in question is LeadForensics and this is but one thread about them.

Sam, you're a bit late to the party. This isn't a new technology/idea, it's been going on for a long time. And everyone in the industry claims to be a market leader.

Posted: Jan 6, 2017 By: Clinton Member since: Jan 17, 2010
  7. sam sisodia

Hi Oliver,

haha I don't do the selling bud. I'm a consultant who runs live demo's of current live clients and trials. I have not even come across any competitors and it seems like there are a lot of issues in your experience of companies offering that service. I know our platform picks up 100% of businesses because of how large the database is. Millions get pumped to it every year to grow it and keep up to date with businesses in the countries we operate in. I completely understand your sales point of view, I guess that's why its always good to have an account manager team who offer sales training.

8. Clinton

Clinton UKBF Ace Full Member

I call BS.

Oh, and there are plenty of competitors. Leads Explorer, LeadForensics, WOW Analytics, Lead Liaison, Leadformix, Leadlander...

Which one is yours?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Posted: Jan 6, 2017 By: Clinton Member since: Jan 17, 2010
  9. Oliver King

Oliver King UKBF Newcomer Full Member

I'm guessing LeadForensics personally. They always quote 100% - I had a a demo with them a couple of years ago and the sales person said, and I quote 'our system picks up 100% of businesses that we identify' which is clearly not 100%.

As said before, the principle can work for companies so I wouldn't rule it out - but try to avoid the dodgy, pushy companies who basically say anything to make a sale. Purely in my experince, Lead Forensics came across to me (multiple times) as incredibly arrogant and pushy where Canddi for example were really great to work with..

And finally to quote Sam - having sales training is irrelevant if you don't have the infrastructure to back it up. You will be very disappointed and wasted a ton of your budget.

Posted: Jan 6, 2017 By: Oliver King Member since: Dec 29, 2016
  10. webgeek

webgeek UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

Whether it's whoisvisiting or any other, no one is going to hit 100%, unless you're measure your 'after filter' counts of B2B.

The witchcraft, in this space, occurs after the visitor IP lookup which is reverse lookup'd against dig/IANA to see who is responsible for the block(s) of ip's that this one falls into.

If it matches a university or home internet provider, it's labeled as consumer, excluded from the list, and ignored. Some companies use this loophole to label anything they can't look up as being one of these and conveniently sweep them under the rug.

The problem with B2B is that some are on dynamic IP's, such as business incubators, startups using hotdesking and community accelerators/libraries/coffee shops and so on. You're not going to be able to assign a company name to the IP, because it changes.

One company in our building has most of an entire floor and still uses an internet service that gives their staff dynamic IP based internet access.

------------

LeadForensics is indeed one provider which offers the integrated lookup with data provision, for 15p per name, to get those top exec contact details.

Then again, how hard is it to do a reverse DNS, find the domain assignment, look up the company on LinkedIn and scrape the details of employees from there, filtering by only top execs.

------------
    The difference between LeadForensics and Pardot, for example, is that Pardot gives you the information in real time - so you know who is on your site, while they're still on your site. LeadForensics give you the details 2 minutes after they leave the site!

But, if you're not wanting to try to sell to visitors via a chatbox in real-time, that difference really isn't a big deal.
    -------------

Regardless of what company someone chooses, this type of lead intelligence software is handy (because Google doesn't provide much info about actual visitors - instead opting to give anonymised summaries of groups of users whenever possible).

In fact, it's one of the few ways of looking back at everything a visitor viewed before hitting the submit button on an offer, and of knowing what it was that influenced them before they became visible to you.

The same is true if people abandon the lead capture form and never enter your funnel/CRM system. This type of lead intelligence software is handy to see where things are breaking down.

Posted: Jan 9, 2017 By: webgeek Member since: May 19, 2009
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List