IRIS have acquired KashFlow

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by DuaneJackson, Oct 18, 2013.

1. DuaneJackson

DuaneJackson UKBF Legend Full Member

Hi All,

I thought I'd drop by and share the news in case you've not already heard it.

This week KashFlow was sold to IRIS Software (Blog post here, press release here, media coverage everywhere)

I'm posting for two reasons:

1) KashFlow started here at UKBF. If you search hard enough my first post here is me asking for input into a side project I was working on that helped small businesses create invoices. It grew up here, many of our first customers came from UKBF as did many of our suppliers. I got a whole lot of advice from these forums - both publicly and privately. So I owe a big debt of gratitude to the UKBF community - thank you!

2) I know there are a lot of other people here in the early stages of growing a business. I didn't start with zero, I started with minus four. I worked my arse off for years and recruited an awesome team around me. It's not been easy, but it's passion for what I do (I see it as 'helping other small business', not 'making accounting software') that's kept me going when it's been tough. Regardless of where your business and your life is at now, if you have the determination and passion to make it a financial success then there is nothing that can stop you.

Just because KashFlow is owned by a bigger company, it doesn't mean I'm not going to be around. I'll be moving from the CEO seat into more of a product management role for a while whilst we work out where I can be most useful within IRIS. Hopefully it may even mean i find time to use UKBF more often - I've certainly missed it!

Thanks for your support and guidance over the years.
    Posted: Oct 18, 2013 By: DuaneJackson Member since: Jul 14, 2005
    • Thanks Thanks x 13
  2. Ozzy

Ozzy Quite simply, me. Full Member - Verified Business

Nice one mate. I remember the post you refer to and the discussions and seeing KashFlow grow from those humble beginnings :)
    Posted: Oct 18, 2013 By: Ozzy Member since: Feb 9, 2003
  3. JamieM

JamieM UKBF Ace Free Member

Congratulations Duane! Always been a fan (and happy customer) of the Kashflow business! I hope one day we'll know a bit more of the story behind it all.
    Posted: Oct 19, 2013 By: JamieM Member since: Mar 22, 2006
  4. sirearl

sirearl UKBF Legend Free Member

Posted: Oct 19, 2013 By: sirearl Member since: Apr 23, 2007
  5. cjd

cjd UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

Bloody well done Duane. If you want my advice, get yourself fired and start something else - forget the earnout, it'll kill you working for someone else ;-)
    Posted: Oct 20, 2013 By: cjd Member since: Nov 23, 2005
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  6. WHARTY

WHARTY UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

Well done, it just goes to show that you can start from scratch with no money and make it big. An inspiration. Well deserved.
    Posted: Oct 20, 2013 By: WHARTY Member since: Nov 18, 2009
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. webgeek

webgeek UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

Aaaah, the sweetness of deploying that golden parachute on a crisp Autumn day :)

Whatever the terms, I'm sure they were good enough. Hopefully the recent upturn in business just helped ice that cake.

Well done Duane - congrats. Try not to spend it all in one place (like buying small island nations).
    Posted: Oct 20, 2013 By: webgeek Member since: May 19, 2009
  8. llocally

llocally UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

I'd like to think that my affiliate link on my signature brought in enough new accounts to just tip the balance to favourable :)

Well done for creating a great product.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    Posted: Oct 22, 2013 By: llocally Member since: Aug 16, 2011