Insolvency Forum

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Spongebob, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Spongebob

Spongebob UKBF Ace Free Member

As we enter what many predict will be the biggest recession in living memory, may I suggest that a seperate forum dedicated to discussion on insolvency and what to do with a failing business might be a good idea?

Watching your company slowly going down the pan can be the most desperate of experiences, and the support and practical advice that members of these forums would be able to offer could be invaluable to many.

There's no point burying our heads - it's going happen!

Just a thought...

Bob

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 By: Spongebob Member since: Dec 9, 2008
  2. stevesolo

stevesolo UKBF Regular Free Member

I'll second that, Bob.

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 By: stevesolo Member since: Feb 1, 2008
  3. Marky

Marky UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I am not so sure. Right now, personally, I reckon UKBF has too many forums and I really just use the 'new posts' button and read/respond to ones that look interesting - ok, I admit it, your post caught my attention (though things do attract my attention because I disagree as well as agree)

Maybe it is one to look at if/when lots of discussions appear about people asking for help/support/advice about their business not doing well .... then give that area a focus point ? I think in the short term it could end up just having lots of insolvency practioners posting/advertising

Of course, it would be rather nice to not need that forum at all, though I do think before adding any more forums, see where the discussions go first and if enough people posting, then be reactive as opposed to pro-active for this area

....just my not particularily thought out opinion this minute ....

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 By: Marky Member since: Sep 20, 2008
  4. Mister B

Mister B UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Tend to disagree I'm afraid...

If we keep the discussion out in the main forums then it will allow pretty much everybody to try and chip in and help. To create a sub forum will almost allow the subject to be partitioned whereas out in the open, more people will tend to look and comment. Couple of classic situations recently whereby this has happened in the past couple of months have resulted in the business' being turned round and so avoiding the dreaded insolvency issue.

I think that we're very much a glass half full community:)

Mister B

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 By: Mister B Member since: Aug 31, 2007
  5. jim_gold

jim_gold UKBF Newcomer Full Member

I second Mister B. Anyone with solvency issues will get greater visibility in the general or finance forums. Sometimes the hub of the problem is more to do with failures in core business areas, like cash flow management etc and the most likely source of expert advice would be found in the relevant subforum.

Posted: Dec 9, 2008 By: jim_gold Member since: Dec 5, 2007