1. Welcome to UKBF! Check out our FAQ guide.

Guide price for laying concrete slab? Keith!??

Discussion in 'Time Out' started by thekitchendesigner, Jul 29, 2007.

1. thekitchendesigner

thekitchendesigner UKBF Regular Free Member

Just need a rough price, say per sq/m, for laying concrete to sit a building on (like portakabin)

There is a very old slab there, but its broken in places and isnt level, so really need to just level it off with new concrete.

Can anyone give a guide price for doing this in an are approx 11m x 6m??

Cheers
  2. estwig

estwig UKBF Regular Free Member

100mm slab across 66m2 = 7m3 of concrete = £600 + VAT poured from a lorry.

+ labour and shuttering, odds and sods of materials = roughly dufly £1,100.00 + VAT

Got a piccy, it is the access for the concrete lorry that will determine the price, if you can't get a concrete lorry close enough to pour, within 4m of site, then costs are going through the roof.
  3. estwig

Thinking about this it is common practice to just do four concrete pads, one for each corner for a portacabin, no need for a full slab.

Can you not work out a beam arrangement using timber and the principle of pad stones and beams for the load??
  4. thekitchendesigner

thekitchendesigner UKBF Regular Free Member

Yeah you might be right there. its a portable building but used a portakabin as an example, but yes they do sit on pads which will be much cheaper and easier!!
  5. bwglaw

bwglaw UKBF Regular Free Member

what about buying ex-railway sleepers?
  6. estwig

People think used railway sleepers are cheap, big lump of timber for about £20.00.

But you need at least 8 strong blokes to pick one up and move it.
  7. Short Time Stationery

Short Time Stationery UKBF Regular Free Member

Or a couple of teaboys....:D
  8. bwglaw

bwglaw UKBF Regular Free Member

The amount of 'oo' in you Keith this should not be a problem!
  9. estwig

LOL

I eat 'em for breakfast!!
    ;)
  10. An Oasis

An Oasis UKBF Regular Full Member

You are paying your people too much Keith, if 2 of our lads can't manage a sleeper they are whipped, flogged and sent packing.

Cheaper option rather than using wooden sleepers are the concrete sleepers bit of a pig to move, takes 4 landscapers or at least 30 builders if Keiths estimates are anything to go by, cost £1 per sleeper.;)
  11. Cypriot

Cypriot UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi There
    i have a land 50sqm2 each floor. and what i want to do is to get the slab frame up for all the floors and get done the only roof on than i can do the rest slowly as i got money is this possible ? some saying this will cost about £400.000 pound but cant see there is no way it could be that much ... only materials should only cost around £30.000 i guess maximum ... if a 66sqm2 110mm slab costing around £600+VAT than how much would cost to have the whole frame up with only the windows and roof ?
  12. Guest

we have one under each arm