Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, make sure to follow us on Twitter! Say hi and we'll be sure to follow back!

Global IMS Media Marketing Offering PPC Services

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by SupaTrooper, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupaTrooper

SupaTrooper UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Our company is pretty new in the online space and we aren't that internet savvy especially when it comes to advertising. I was called the other day by a company called Global IMS from Manchester, they was offering us PPC services for the website. Primarily the service was about getting on the top of Google under certain keywords that would generate us extra business.

Being new to "PPC" and not knowing much about it or whether the proposal being offer by Global IMS was just a scam, I am slightly dubious. I did check them out a little and the sales person assured me they were Google certified partners which turns out to be true.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted: Jun 12, 2013 By: SupaTrooper Member since: Jun 12, 2013
  2. InTheWind

InTheWind UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Getting into online stuff can be scary. PPC/SEO are perfect ways to generate traffic for your website but they can be done incorrectly and have picked up a bit of a bad name.

If you are worried about getting scammed then you need to check out if they are AdWords certified, if the company has a page on the Google partner search then they should be legit.

Posted: Jun 12, 2013 By: InTheWind Member since: Jun 12, 2013
  3. JElder

JElder UKBF Ace Free Member

It is down to you, but be careful with the keywords.

It's easy to get 1st place for an ad for a term no-one searches for. There are lots of legit companies out there. Things to look for:

Ownership: the PPC campaign should be yours, and you have full admin rights to it. If they won't give them, walk away. Google has a special sort of agency account to manage multiple client accounts.

Qualifications: Ideally they should be Adwords Certified. See https://www.google.com/partners/#a_search

Google: If they claim a special relationship with Google be worried. We're part of the Google 'Engage' program for agencies that gives us training and support, but we do still have to use the normal tools anyone has access to. Only really big spenders (£millions) get special treatment.

Keywords: They should be able to give you a list of keywords they are targeting. Most campaigns I set up contain a few hundred, but it depends on your needs. Use the Google Adwords keyword tool, set to 'phrase match' to check how many people in the UK search for that term, and estimate the search traffic for your area from that. Is there enough?

Tracking: Google Analytics will automatically track PPC traffic if you link it. You need this done so you can see if the traffic is effective.

Budget: Agree a daily budget (that's how Google handles it). Ask how much they take for management. Some will take a percentage of spend, some a fixed fee for time. You will be able to see exactly how much Google has been charging if you have access.

Posted: Jun 18, 2013 By: JElder Member since: Jul 2, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.