1. Welcome to UKBF! Check out our FAQ guide.

Fasthosts - email down again? (23.11.09 1pm)

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by *Lexxy*, Nov 23, 2009.

1. *Lexxy*

*Lexxy* UKBF Regular Free Member

can't get in, again! :mad:

anyone else, or just me?

2. *Lexxy*

ha! i knew if i bothered to complain about it, it would work ok again!

Rodders, i love it when a plan comes together...;)
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  3. bart586

bart586 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Not just you!! And again today 24/11/09

Whats going on with Fasthosts, Used to be reliable, now days completely unreliable, must have been down now 5 or 6 times in the last month!

4. *Lexxy*

spoke too soon! offline again now with this message on their 'support' pages -

Some customers may be experiencing intermittent issues connecting to our mail servers via POP3 and Webmail. Our engineers are investigating as a priority.

:(

(i appear to be talking to myself on this one, but it makes me feel better to share! ;))
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  5. Leicester leaflets

Leicester leaflets UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Same with streamline soooo many problems
  6. scotmum

scotmum UKBF Contributor Free Member

It's down again this morning! Argh!!! So frustrating.
  7. joffyw

joffyw UKBF Newcomer Free Member

You're not alone, no emails here either. Seemed to go off about an hour ago.

The worst thing about loosing email, it now means i have to go do some paperwork,aaarrrgghhh!
  8. natkits

natkits UKBF Regular Free Member

Down for me too. God I hate Fasthosts. Bloody cheap service but an incredibly crap one too.
  9. natkits

The error messages I'm getting:

Task 'sales - Receiving' reported error (0x80042108) : 'Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

-or-

Task 'sales - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210E) : 'Your mailbox is temporarily unavailable because another e-mail message is being delivered to it or another mail application is accessing it. The server responded: -ERR [IN-USE] Internal login failure. Refer to server log for more information.'
  10. John_Mac

John_Mac UKBF Regular Free Member

Looks like a serious outage today, 3 hours and counting for us now. They must be submerged with enquiries (complaints?) from customers too, I see they posted this on the System Status:

"Please note: Due to the quantity of calls to our customer services team, customers may experience longer than usual waiting times to speak to an agent."

This is second big email outage in a week for us now, time to start looking elsewhere I fear.
  11. joffyw

joffyw UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Very flakey here, one minute i get emails, the next i'm getting send/recieve error.
  12. natkits

Yay it worked; I got e-mails! Well, I got some, then it went back down again.
  13. KidsBeeHappy

KidsBeeHappy UKBF Regular Full Member

14. scotmum

scotmum UKBF Contributor Free Member

Have been on hold for about 15 minutes to Fasthosts support. The helpful recorded message informed me that if I did not want to hold on any longer I could email the support team. Mmmm....how exactly?
  15. natkits

Countdown to being cut-off from the call....

16. 4little1s

4little1s UKBF Regular Full Member

Getting very frustrated with this as we keep having this issue also and not really getting anywhere with FASTHOSTS...agfghhhhhhh
  17. 4little1s

4little1s UKBF Regular Full Member

08:53 update was......Some customers may be experiencing intermittent issues connecting to our mail servers via POP3 and Webmail. Our engineers are investigating as a priority.

Update: Some customers may still be experiencing intermittent issues when connecting to our email platform. Our engineers are working with our 3rd party providers to resolve this issue as a priority. Please note: Due to the quantity of calls to our customer services team, customers may experience longer than usual waiting times to speak to an agent.

Yeah Yeah Yeah .....But its now 14:27 and still no news.......
  18. KidsBeeHappy

KidsBeeHappy UKBF Regular Full Member

19. ShekharChauhan

ShekharChauhan UKBF Newcomer Free Member

One of the alternative is to configure E-Mail box of user(s) by going in Control Panel --> Configure Email Setting -->choose a mailbox-->configure-->Email Forwarder and forward a copy of email to a public domain or alternative email address (ex: your personal address yahoo or hotmail). This will start forwarding any new email hit your fasthosts domain.

Regards
    Shekhar
  20. natkits

A fine idea! Thanks.

Now if only Fasthosts would let me login to e-mail on their website...