Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, make sure to follow us on Twitter! Say hi and we'll be sure to follow back!

Email Marketing...

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Jack John, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Jack John

Jack John UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Can anyone tell me the best strategy to have a good email follow up?

Posted: Jun 13, 2013 By: Jack John Member since: Jun 13, 2013
  2. commodityconsultant

commodityconsultant UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Email follow up is a part of best email marketing strategy for your business. These messages can be either automated or sent personally. Prior to the sale follow-up emails can help close the sale. After the sale, follow-up emails are all about customer loyalty, retention and cross- and upsell.

Posted: Jan 1, 2014 By: commodityconsultant Member since: Aug 27, 2010
  3. bigbuzzbelfast

bigbuzzbelfast UKBF Regular Full Member

Sorry, What? Prior to the sale, most people will not give you their email address. I just noticed this and I know it was posted about 3 years ago but my vast eCommerce experience tells me that people prefer not to give out an email address until they have fully committed to making a purchase.

Posted: Jul 14, 2017 By: bigbuzzbelfast Member since: Mar 19, 2017
  4. Mark_Taylor_

Mark_Taylor_ UKBF Regular Free Member

It is possible to capture email dynamically via AJAX if they enter it as first part of checkout then leave (even without clicking a submit button). That is why you often see the email address feild as the first field in the checkout process. I've used this technique for certain clients and it seems to be worth the integration investment for them.

They send an automated follow-up / abandoned cart email after x amount of time via mailchimp / ebizmarts plugin (for magento stores) and it tracks conversions and cart value so they can see exactly how many sales they have recouped.

Posted: Jul 14, 2017 By: Mark_Taylor_ Member since: Jul 10, 2017
  5. bigbuzzbelfast

bigbuzzbelfast UKBF Regular Full Member

Hi Mark

I used to see that happening but not as much now as I feel people have become more protective over their emails, more so now that people are more aware of unsolicited emails and what any email links and attachments can hold.

Abandoned cart not seen that much lately. I use a certain bit of software that lets me see what people are doing on a certain site I can see and fix any problems so next time a client lands on the site they may not encounter the same problems that may of lead to the abandoned cart.

Recently through this bit of software I was able to see that people using Iphones and safari browser were not able to make orders, took me about a week to work it out but I got there in the end and all sorted now.

Posted: Jul 14, 2017 By: bigbuzzbelfast Member since: Mar 19, 2017
  6. Mark_Taylor_

Mark_Taylor_ UKBF Regular Free Member

Glad you got it sorted... what a nightmare that could have been if allowed to go unnoticed too long.

Posted: Jul 14, 2017 By: Mark_Taylor_ Member since: Jul 10, 2017