Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, make sure to follow us on Twitter! Say hi and we'll be sure to follow back!

ECU Remapping Service

Discussion in 'West Midlands' started by RemapAnt, Dec 17, 2014.

1. RemapAnt

RemapAnt UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi all my name is Anthony I run small business called Street Performance Tuning. I offer a mobile ECU remapping service throughout the West Midlands and the UK. I offer performance and economy tuning for gasoline and diesel vehicles. I would like some help on the marketing side of the business so far I have created a website which I'm not happy with so im having it done again, Iv had business cards and flyers made up that's it so far. Any help on this would be much appreciated and if you are in need of my services for your business vehicles please feel free to contact me I would be more than happy to help.

Posted: Dec 17, 2014 By: RemapAnt Member since: Dec 17, 2014
  2. timothy88

timothy88 UKBF Regular Free Member

i think if you invested in a rolling road your business would thrive as most people looking for this service want to see the improvements on paper.

regarding the other issues-website-better=better image=better customer response

target car forums
    buy a trade banner etc

what management systems can you remap?

i did this work for 2 years

Posted: Dec 17, 2014 By: timothy88 Member since: May 14, 2012
  3. RemapAnt

Hi Tim I can remap oem management systems. A rolling road is what I would like unfortunately I only had a small budget to start with this is why I offer a mobile service until I get some more money together to invest in one. However I can get access to a rolling road if customers want to see the results.

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 By: RemapAnt Member since: Dec 17, 2014
  4. Chris Ashdown

Chris Ashdown UKBF Legend Free Member

I would have thought rolling road a requirement by you and for the customer

Also more people would possibly buy more economy rather than performance

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 By: Chris Ashdown Member since: Dec 7, 2003
  5. RemapAnt

Yes this is true a lot of people do go for economy rather than performance which is why I offer both. A rolling road is a good bit of kit but there are some tuning companies out there that offer the same service as me without one companies like flash remapping, West Sussex Ecu remapping and sp tuning all these guys don't use a dyno however they can get access to one of the customer requires that.

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 By: RemapAnt Member since: Dec 17, 2014
  6. quikshop

quikshop UKBF Big Shot Free Member

I've used a couple of performance mapping companies over the years. Bluefin simply send you a hard-coded device for your car to plug into the ECU, another major player come out in a van and do the programming there and then. Interestingly the visiting one had access to some EU-wide database of mapping programs for all sorts of cars.

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 By: quikshop Member since: Oct 11, 2006
  7. Chris Ashdown

Chris Ashdown UKBF Legend Free Member

Wonder how much insurance costs to cover a blown engine if you make a bo bo

Also how much the drivers insurance goes up when the notify their insurance company they have chipped their car

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 By: Chris Ashdown Member since: Dec 7, 2003
  8. quikshop

quikshop UKBF Big Shot Free Member

The visiting guy said they couldn't get insurance, it's all done at risk. He talked about having to buy a couple of cars off owners over the years due to damage caused by ECU changes, but mostly it worked fine. And because he was linked into this EU wide dbase, it sounded like they all shared data on what works so over time the risk of damage diminishes.

It sounded like he hadn't done too badly out of it, 20 years of chipping cars and he was looking forward to his custom-built house in the Peak District getting finished in the next few months :rolleyes:

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 By: quikshop Member since: Oct 11, 2006