dsm media///QUALITYFOODSONLINE

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by smart-interiors, Feb 2, 2008.

1. smart-interiors

smart-interiors UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I Have Paid This Company To Advertise My Business On A Restraunt Menu They Are Supposed To Be Printing,12 Weeks Ago Phoned Several Times To Get Info On Publication Etc,but Starting To Feel Like Ive Been Ripped Off.
    Has Anyone Heard Of This Company If So Are They Just Realy Slow At What They Do Or?????

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 By: smart-interiors Member since: Jan 31, 2008
  2. jdpos

jdpos UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Posted: Feb 2, 2008 By: jdpos Member since: Nov 10, 2007
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. jdpos

So sorry mate. How much did you pay?

4. smart-interiors

PAID OUT £400 WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO COVER 20000 MENUS OVER TWO YEARS NOT WORRIED ABOUT DISCOUNT CARD BUT WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THEY ACTUALY PRODUCE THE MENUS ? DOESNT LOOK GOOD THOUGH -BUT WOULD LIKE THE ADVERTISING ,FOR LOCAL BUSINESS:eek:

5. jdpos

Well search the name in google, alot of people have been ripped off, so sorry about losing the £400 what business do you do and did you pay them with paypal?

6. smart-interiors

Not Paypal ?what Would The Differrence Be?.
    Did You Get Any Advertising Out Of It At All. If Not I Hope You Have Luck In Court:(

7. jdpos

It wasn't me I just found that article. With paypal you are covered. Go to court, it's worth it/

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. smart-interiors

Manufacture Kitchens And Bespoke Joinery.i Wont Be Chasing Them Into Court For Four Hundred Pounds,i Will Put It Down To Experience As The Contract Has Very Little Detail Other Than The Payments To Them And I Signed It (doh) But The Sad Thing Is We Havent Done Any Advertising Before And This Just Makes Me Wary
    On The Bright Side At Least Other Members May Be Warned.
    Its A Great Forum With A Wealth Of Info On It,and Really Helpful Members.

9. jdpos

Yeah, thanks for the thanks:D Hope you enjoy using the forums. You will probably be addicted to it from now on.

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 By: jdpos Member since: Nov 10, 2007
  10. Fuzzy

Fuzzy UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Sorry to hear that, rest assured naming and shaming on a public forum will do them no good ;)

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 By: Fuzzy Member since: Oct 20, 2007
  11. Bradford-web-Design

Bradford-web-Design UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I got ripped off on ebay to the tune of 1 thousand five hundred pounds. I was naive at the time and was stung on an escrow site payment thing. Entirely my fault, lifes like that at times. But the main thing to point out here as you learn through the experience of the whole affair that is a good thing. My ex boss at a well know sub prime mortgage business went bankrupt twice due to people ripping him off. He learnt quick and now got a 3/4 million pound house.

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 By: Bradford-web-Design Member since: Feb 2, 2008
  12. stugster

stugster UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Raising a small claim only costs you £35 I think. If you're successful, they have to pay that too.

Posted: Feb 3, 2008 By: stugster Member since: Feb 1, 2007
  13. Echo's

Echo's UKBF Newcomer Free Member

My hubby's having problems with these at the moment. Have you spoke to the restaurant the menu is for to see if they have received them? That's what we did in the end as dsm dont want to speak to you unless it's regarding you paying up.

Posted: Feb 8, 2008 By: Echo's Member since: Nov 21, 2007
  14. rippedofftoo

rippedofftoo UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I am going to court in two weeks against this company, they ripped off an entire village of independent businesses with this scam, they rarely produce the menus or do anything the sales reps said they would, all of your stories sound the same as mine! If anyone has been to court or is going and has any advice, please drop me an email, by the same token if anyone needs help with handling this let me know

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 By: rippedofftoo Member since: Feb 10, 2008
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. rippedofftoo

rippedofftoo UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Am going to court in 2 weeks to try to get my money back from Quality Food Online/DSM Media LTD, watch these people by the looks of things this is a nationwide scam. They ripped off loads of small businesses like myself in our town and its been a year and NO advertising has ever been printed or distributed!

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 By: rippedofftoo Member since: Feb 10, 2008
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. smart-interiors

hi (rippedofftoo)are u going for small claim or actuly going to court if so what are likely costs have you had much debate with dsm if so how have been treated if atall

Posted: Feb 10, 2008 By: smart-interiors Member since: Jan 31, 2008
  17. suehunter

suehunter UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi everyone. I just signed a contract with DSM Media Ltd but realised what I was getting just in time to stop the cheque.

They are now chasing for payment etc.

Somewhat surprisingly my local Trading standards aren't very helpful, saying "if they haven't breached their contract yet, there is not much you can do".

If anybody who has been let down by DSM could document their experience to me in an E-mail that would be most helpful in convincing my Local Trading Standard's to take me concerns seriously.

My E-mail address is suehunter<AT>freeuk.com (NB I had to substitute <AT> fo the curly A symbol to prevent this being interpretated as a URL (thus prevenitng my post).

Thanks.

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 By: suehunter Member since: Feb 26, 2008
  18. smart-interiors

Hi Just To Update This Post,i Have Spoken To Dsm Several Times
    And I Am In Reciept Of One Menu Some 14 Weeks After It Was Due,i Got A Refund On The Artwork Charge Paid By Direct Debit From Them And Have Been Told Menus Will Be With Resturaunt This Week Well See?
    I Got A Call From Another Company Doing Exact Same Deal So Made An Appointment And Picked His Brains,it Seems These Deals All Hang On The Advertising Being Fully Sold Ie: If They Dont Sell Enough First Time In Area They Leave It For A Couple Of Months Then Go Back To Try And Sign More Up Needless To Say Rep Tells You Whatever He Thinks You Need To Hear To Sign You Up,so If Your Among The First To Sign You Could Be In For A Wait.
    The Problem With The Contract Is It Doesnt State Any Performance On Time Etc But Detail Time On Frequency And Amounts For There Charges Are Well Covered So It Is Cheap Advertising But Honesty From Outset Would Be Better

Posted: Feb 26, 2008 By: smart-interiors Member since: Jan 31, 2008
  19. suehunter

I am surprised (and delighted) to report that after speaking to a Customer Services Manager at DSM, and complaining bitterly about the way in which I was "hard sold" their contract, they agreed to cancel the contract completely (this has been confirmed in writing today).

I'm in the clear. Hooray.

Posted: Feb 28, 2008 By: suehunter Member since: Feb 26, 2008
  20. suehunter

Can I add to this? I also signed a contract to DSM Media, and realised too late that they were highly unlikely to fullfill thier contract. I was pressured into signing, I wrote to them and asked them to cancel, but they refused. I had cancelled my deposit cheque and DD instructions, so had paid nothing out, but the contract stated I would be charged £80 + vat, so it was a downward spiral for me.
    HOWEVER, customer services called me and asked why there was a query on my account. I told them everything, how I was pressurised, felt conned, violated in my own home and had read bad press saying they did now deliver the goods, they cancelled my contract and apologied for any stress caused. I can only say they have gone up in my estimation, but I am wary now!

Posted: Feb 29, 2008 By: suehunter Member since: Feb 26, 2008