Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, make sure to follow us on Twitter! Say hi and we'll be sure to follow back!

Domain Sale

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by tukhnet, Dec 11, 2016.

1. tukhnet

tukhnet UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Where is the best place to sell domains and websites? What can you suggest me? How to be protected of fraud while selling too?

Posted: Dec 11, 2016 By: tukhnet Member since: Dec 8, 2016
  2. paul4uk

paul4uk UKBF Regular Full Member

Flippa.com is one of the more popular & secure domain/website auctioneers. I have used it multiple times with great results. Best of luck.

Posted: Dec 11, 2016 By: paul4uk Member since: May 28, 2013
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. CreativeSeoCompanyBristol

CreativeSeoCompanyBristol UKBF Contributor Full Member

As suggested By Paul, Flippa is a great place to buy and sell websites and you can also use services like escrow dot com to protect yourself as either the buyer or seller in your transactions

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 By: CreativeSeoCompanyBristol Member since: Oct 4, 2016
  4. webhostuk

webhostuk UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

DNforum, Sedo, Flippa are your options.

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 By: webhostuk Member since: Jul 26, 2009
  5. Clinton

Clinton UKBF Ace Full Member

I disagree about Flippa being a great place for domains. It's one dodgy marketplace (and this is from someone who has bought / sold hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of domains and websites through Flippa).

But, yes, DNforum, SEDO and numerous other locations exist to sell domains. There are some more suggestions in the comments of this blog post.

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 By: Clinton Member since: Jan 17, 2010
  6. tukhnet

tukhnet UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Thank you, I will have a look over them and maybe I will try on 2-3 to see which will be the best one.

Posted: Jan 7, 2017 By: tukhnet Member since: Dec 8, 2016
  7. Oliver King

Oliver King UKBF Newcomer Full Member

Who is the domain held with? some domain registrars have their own domain selling service.

Posted: Jan 7, 2017 By: Oliver King Member since: Dec 29, 2016
  8. D'mainGuy

D'mainGuy UKBF Newcomer Free Member

First thing is to let potential buyers know it's available.
    There are plenty of auction sites around for you to get an idea of asking price, but this is a highly negotiable field.
    Connect the domain to a "for sale" message - while you find the right sector to market to.

Posted: Feb 5, 2017 By: D'mainGuy Member since: Feb 5, 2017
  9. Pet Nanny

Pet Nanny UKBF Ace Full Member

Forgive my ignorance, but I thought that you cannot own domain names in your own right! I asked this question on another forum the other day, since I would love to buy our website domain outright, but I was informed that you can only lease them!

Posted: Feb 6, 2017 By: Pet Nanny Member since: May 4, 2007
  10. NuBlue

NuBlue UKBF Ace Full Member

Domain names are yours for as long as you pay for them which is usually up to 10 years at a time. The owner is the only one that can renew them but should the domain name not be renewed then they will eventually become available for anyone else to buy (register).

Whilst you are the "owner" of a domain name, you can offer to sell the lease to it and the right to renew it ad infinitum.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Posted: Feb 7, 2017 By: NuBlue Member since: Oct 19, 2005