Dodgy D.I.Y car repairs

Discussion in 'Time Out' started by BizGurl, Mar 14, 2012.

1. BizGurl

BizGurl UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Posted: Mar 14, 2012 By: BizGurl Member since: Sep 15, 2009
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. easiprint

easiprint UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I've owned worse :D:D:D

Posted: Mar 14, 2012 By: easiprint Member since: Apr 22, 2008
  3. BizGurl

BizGurl UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I don't believe you! :eek:

Posted: Mar 14, 2012 By: BizGurl Member since: Sep 15, 2009
  4. KeithGreen

KeithGreen UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

My old Mini had a domestic door hinge on the drivers door and a clothes peg to hold the choke knob out.

My dad had an old Ford Anglia with the two piece bonnet which lifted sideways. It didn't have a heater, so in cold weather he would prop the sides of the bonnet slightly ajar with matchboxes so that some of the engine heat would reach the windscreen.

Later in life, he also used a Calor gas two-ring camping stove in the front of his VW van as the original heating was so poor.

Posted: Mar 15, 2012 By: KeithGreen Member since: Jun 25, 2008
  5. drewdavis

drewdavis UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Well, some car fixes are so easy that they virtually require only a pulse for a person to be qualified to do them. Lots of people are starting to do their own basic vehicle maintenance, and lots of things can be done by the amateur mechanic. I guess repairs is the worst thing that can be done to a vehicle, while there are some repairs that anyone can do with some basic tools. A certain tool kit can be inexpensive and enables one to do more DIY auto repair. Well, there are five easy repairs anyone is capable of doing include replacing light bulbs, wiper blades, air filter, fuses and changing the oil and filter, according to AutoMD. None of these jobs require little more than a single socket wrench and a screwdriver; replacing wiper blades or fuses requires no tools in most cases. Article Source: cardealexpert.com/news-information/fyi/easy-car-repairs/.

Posted: Apr 5, 2012 By: drewdavis Member since: Apr 5, 2012
  6. visagephoto

visagephoto UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

My next door neighbour married worse.:D

Posted: Apr 5, 2012 By: visagephoto Member since: Apr 15, 2004