Sales, Marketing & PR Brought to you by Textlocal
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, make sure to follow us on Twitter! Say hi and we'll be sure to follow back!

Customer interaction

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by Leather Repair, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Leather Repair

Leather Repair UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi Guys,

Promised my self, going to be a bit more active here now! 2016 saw many changes within our company. Big changes, for the better. 2017 is going to see me really change our website.. It was pants! The copywriting on it is even worse. Not simple, not engaging, and full of babble. Work in progress.

What I'm exploring now, is "how to engage customers more".
    • Live videos
    • More videos - relevant (showing our repair work)
    • Live chat
    • Skype for customer questions / quotes.
    • Whatsapp for customers to get in touch.
    We saw a huge increase in social network interaction at the back of of 2016 with live video streams on facebook. Has anyone else done this? How about other platforms, twitter (periscope)?
    How effective has Skype or whatsapp been for you?
    How else do you get that customer engagement going?

Just looking at gathering different experiences from you guys.

Hope you all had a great Christmas & an even better New Year.

Posted: Jan 3, 2017 By: Leather Repair Member since: Jan 8, 2016
  2. ethical PR

ethical PR UKBF Legend Free Member

What sort of people use your service? What sort of communications appeal to them?

Posted: Jan 3, 2017 By: ethical PR Member since: Apr 19, 2009
  3. Helen Wood

Helen Wood UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi there, I have had some good results by advising clients to set up a YouTube channel to host all their videos. It's a nice place to refer people to, and can also be incorporated into your website (most recent vids) or linked to through Social Media. You can turn comments on/off on your channel, so it can either be another way to interact or simply informational.

Posted: Jan 3, 2017 By: Helen Wood Member since: Dec 5, 2016
  4. Ilkka Vertanen

Ilkka Vertanen UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi! Regarding the live chat, what is your goal? Is it to generate more business (collect sales leads) or focus on the customer service? Depending on your goals, I can point you to some hopefully interesting and useful content.

Posted: Jan 4, 2017 By: Ilkka Vertanen Member since: Jan 4, 2017
  5. webgeek

webgeek UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

Take a look at gamification - there's a ton of ways you can leverage it to get your customers more active, build a community 'feeling' around your company, etc.

Posted: Jan 4, 2017 By: webgeek Member since: May 19, 2009
  6. Nochexman

Nochexman UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

Just to be clear; how many visitors are you currently getting to your website?

Posted: Jan 4, 2017 By: Nochexman Member since: Jun 14, 2011
  7. Idosell Shop

Idosell Shop UKBF Regular Free Member

Leather Repair- you are right there are many things to be improved. I took a look at your shop and got lost a bit, there are still some links which do not work. In many places, I got confused so probably customers are.

Posted: Jan 4, 2017 By: Idosell Shop Member since: Dec 2, 2016
  8. Gamification for business is the next step innovation, here is one quote that i came across about gamification: "Increase ENGAGEMENT by EDUCATING, ENERGIZING and EMPOWERING the customer while ensuring EARNING for the client, ENJOYMENT for the user and EVOLUTION of the customer relationship.”

9. Samaksh

Samaksh UKBF Newcomer Free Member

To engage more customers, I will suggest you use technology to your advantage. As we all know how important is social media for customer engagement. So, instead of sharing content, or answering customer service inquiries, you can use social media to predict what customers want. You listen to your customers on social media to stay on top of trends.

Posted: Jan 12, 2017 By: Samaksh Member since: Sep 8, 2016
  10. Edd Dutton

Edd Dutton UKBF Contributor Free Member

I agree, you need some goals or strategy behind what you're doing.

Posted: Jan 12, 2017 By: Edd Dutton Member since: Dec 13, 2016
  11. Leather Repair

Thanks for the replies ladies & gents.

We're getting around 15k a month at the moment. The old site was horrific! I've got a lot more stuff to change. But, the bounce rate has decreased from 80+ % to now 60%. It just seems like a never ended task.
    Our engagement on Facebook, is fantastic (I think). People really dig the videos.

What people want to see, is quite difficult to understand.
    Our Aston Martin DB9 interior colouring video has "reached" 300k now.
    Whilst a much simpler video about indentations has reached 200k but had almost double the engagement.

2 totally different jobs. Different end of the scales. We are leaning though, that shorter videos have more impact.

Re goals of live chat:
    • Filter out emails - we receive far too many "dead emails". People expecting cheap repair costs.
    • We wanted to be accessible to as many people as possible, with the complexity of the old site, people really did struggle to find their way around. Via live chat, I could see exactly where they are and direct them accordingly.
    • It has changed now though... more people are using live chat to receive a quote for repair jobs. Which.. is good.
    --

We have a few types of people using our service:
    • We get quite a lot of high end cars in for interior issues. Repairing leather can more often than not be more expensive than people think.
    • The product side of it. These cost a fraction of the price while still getting decent results.

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 By: Leather Repair Member since: Jan 8, 2016
  12. Leather Repair

The link in this profile isn't the website I'm talking about :) This is a WIP, aimed at the product side of what we do.

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 By: Leather Repair Member since: Jan 8, 2016
  13. Smart Business Lab

Smart Business Lab UKBF Newcomer Full Member

Getting customer interaction is key. How about a customer support Facebook group? They can hang out with each other, submit support requests and all from their normal Facebook accounts, without having to jump through any registration hoops.

Fosters a community spirit and helps engage. You can then post stuff like relevant articles, videos, even just general chit chat. Lets your customers see you value them and care.

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 By: Smart Business Lab Member since: Dec 21, 2016
  14. NickGrogan

NickGrogan UKBF Ace Full Member

Lots of advice, but no-one has actually asked what you want to achieve from this.

You mentioned an Aston Martin video with 300k views, which could be good, if they're potential customers, or not if they're just a bunch of kids looking at cars.

Who is your ideal customer and what do you want them to do?

secondly, building anything on FB or Youtube is very bad advice. They can and do change the rules whenever they feel like it and there is nothing you can do about it, only build things that you control.

Posted: Jan 19, 2017 By: NickGrogan Member since: Nov 15, 2012