Company I'm in the process of legal action have gone into administration

Discussion in 'Legal' started by The JGG, Feb 15, 2013.

1. The JGG

The JGG UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Good morning everyone.

There is a thread on here, to do with limestone associates, and their dubious business practises.

Anyhow, long story really short, I am in the process of suing these guys, court date was supposed to be end of jan, now it's in may.

Anyhow, via other sources I have just found out that they have now gone into administration!

Question is, what if anything can I do?. First time I have ever been in this scenario.

Many thanks, I would appreciate any advice here.

Be safe
    Posted: Feb 15, 2013 By: The JGG Member since: Jul 21, 2011
  2. greengecko

greengecko UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Not much in the way of specific legal advice, but be prepared to walk away from this is all I can say.
    Posted: Feb 15, 2013 By: greengecko Member since: Feb 3, 2010
  3. ICE-PACC

ICE-PACC UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Are they a limited company?
    Posted: Feb 15, 2013 By: ICE-PACC Member since: Oct 8, 2012
  4. ICE-PACC

ICE-PACC UKBF Newcomer Free Member

To answer my own question, yes they are limited.

There is a meeting of creditors called.
    Posted: Feb 15, 2013 By: ICE-PACC Member since: Oct 8, 2012
  5. The JGG

Thanks Ice-pacc. I have not received notification myself from the liquidators.

What is worse though, is that this company have started up again, in Manchester, now calling themselves Venditaire, with the same directors running it!. Surely this is not on.. Or can they simply get away with it.
  6. The JGG

Their 0844 no is no longer working. Their direct no is answered bit on a loop of please continue to hold.
  7. simon field

simon field UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

Unfortunately for you, yes they can get away with it - unless you either have PG's from the directors or you can prove fraudulent training (which can be both difficult and expensive).

Sorry :(
    Posted: Feb 15, 2013 By: simon field Member since: Feb 4, 2011
  8. The JGG

Thanks Simon. Do you mean fraudulent trading?. If so, there is a heap of information I have managed to locate during my research into this company. I.e. all the dubious business practises, and changing of company names, closing one down, opening another up etc.. all with the same directors / secretary.
  9. simon field

Dubious trading is one thing - but as for the same people running the same company (in all but name) from the same premises and with the same customers, this is becoming increasingly common I'm afraid.

It's called phoenixing, or pre-pack. Limited company status protects the directors personally from the company's debts and that's that really.

Do they owe you much money? (I assume this is why you're taking legal action) if you don't mind me asking?

All the best.
  10. The JGG

Cheers Simon.

They don't owe me all that much in the scheme of things, just over £600 + interest.

I along with countless others on here, and other forums, fell foul to their dubious sales techniques. They originally attempted to sue my company, for non payment of a 3rd years advertising contract.

Gist of that case, they lost, as they failed to attend the court hearing. When they sued me, I counter sued, over a number of issues, to do with the contract.

We were supposed to be going to court in Jan. But their legal dept, went home the day of the mediation hearing, and then had a 3 week sicknote. Which meant that the court date was postponed till may.

Then 5 days after the supposed court date, I find the company went into administration. (Only from the letter received by another client of mine, who also advertised with these guys - from the administrators, dated 30th Jan '13.)

The whole thing sticks to high heaven. I wanted these guys shut down for good. I wanted them to get into court, and for the judge to go through their t&c's, and for the directors to be held accountable.

They have now 'opened' up from a place in Manchester, and are now calling themselves Venditare. (Same name as another of their 'group' of companies, which again shut down some years ago). Same directors, same secretary.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Chris Ashdown

Chris Ashdown UKBF Big Shot Free Member

I would suggest you gather as much data as possible and forward it to the liquidator who may be able to do something, but don't hold your breath as the directors are probably experts by now of what they can get away with
    Posted: Feb 15, 2013 By: Chris Ashdown Member since: Dec 7, 2003
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. simon field

It sucks, but there does come a point where it's more beneficial to put your time and effort into your business rather than chasing this.

I'll bet it's already cost you a load of stress / sleepless nights / etc etc.
  13. The JGG

I've just come off the phone with my local trading standards.

They would like me to get all the info I can together, and email it over to them, as they think that this company are doing publishing scams.

They have also given me details of action fraud, and companies investigation branch, as TS are thinking this is a major scam, especially as its happening all over the country.

Details will be put together over the weekend, and emailed over to them.

I appreciate what your saying Simon, I truly do, and yes I have lost countless nights of sleep through these guys.

But if I can help just one other person, from being scammed, then I think its all worth the hassle and stress, and hopefully these guys will get whats coming to them.
  14. simon field

In that case, you've come this far - hope you squash them :)
  15. greengecko

greengecko UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I agree be proactive in reporting them to the relevant authorities and bodies, maybe even MPs. Just please don't throw good money after bad, as unfortunately the only person who will lose is yourself.
    Posted: Feb 15, 2013 By: greengecko Member since: Feb 3, 2010
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
  16. The JGG

I will inform my mp, the mp covering their area, and also where venditare are. Also the other relevant bodies, as asked to by ts. I have no intention of spending any money on this, as it has cost me enough as it is, with the original invoice, set aside fee, my court fees, mediation fee etc. but thanks for the concern :)
  17. Nice22

Nice22 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Any one having a nightmare with this company at the moment would love to talk to someone about it if so?
    Posted: May 21, 2013 By: Nice22 Member since: May 21, 2013
  18. Gillw123

Gillw123 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I read with interest the comments. I have just been contacted by this company now calling themselves Venditare for advertising my small business. Was told I had to pay a deposit of £312.00 and then 3 monthly instalments of £104.00 by direct debit.
    Signed contract without thoroughly reading it, so put my hands up on that one - but in defence it is a hard sell.

The took the £312.00 and then took same amount again, which was breaching contract as it states it wont take second payment until production of artwork which I have never received.

I went along to the sports centre's they say my advert would be shown on (which it isn't) and took down name and numbers of all advertisors, then contacted them to find they are not happy either, although some took contracts out with Limestone.
    Posted: May 29, 2013 By: Gillw123 Member since: May 26, 2013
  19. mandathepanda87

mandathepanda87 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi everyone,

A similar thing has happened to me originally under Limestone. they first contacted me via telephone, knowing i'm a new company.

then a representative came around to my house, i was rather awkard with this as i had just had my son.

he told me he'd need the deposit then and there. I thought this was rather odd as most companies give you the ability to pay via direct debit or when you have had time to read the contract. There was no cooling off period. i feel they used the fact i was a new mother on very little sleep to their advantage and had not read through all the small print regarding it being a 2 year contract and a rolling contract.

I reluctantly paid despite it causing hardship. I wrote to them to "end" my contract and didn't hear from them again until recently.

I was now contacted by
    Venditare, my husband answered the phone and i said i wasn't interested thinking it was a company trying to sell me a vendor machine as that's the impression the name gives. Mrs Tracey Bamber must think i'm some sort of mug, i told her to stop harassing me and my solicitor had tried to contact the company to end the contract this was in may 2012!

I'm dumb founded that a company trading under a new name is trying to extort more money from me. I asked her to leave me alone since i'm heavily pregnant and in and out of hospital with complications i do not need this kind of stress. I've contacted the pub where these brochures are advertising my company.

I emailed her to tell her i'm no longer falling for her scam and if she contacts me again i'll be contacting the police and the media and i will take them down myself despite being 8 months pregnant.
    Posted: Aug 16, 2013 By: mandathepanda87 Member since: Aug 16, 2013