1. Welcome to UKBF! Check out our FAQ guide.

Change of county court date & venue help please

Discussion in 'Legal' started by Parley, Feb 17, 2011.

  1. Parley

    Parley UKBF Newcomer Free Member

    Posts: 8 Likes: 0
    Hi there,

    I have a county court hearing as a defendant in about 6 weeks and I will be on holiday, I also wish to move it to a more local court, I was advised by a friend to fill in N244 but after downloading this form it does not seem like the correct form.

    Can anyone advise please.

    Thank you so much.
  2. Rhodes100

    Rhodes100 UKBF Contributor Free Member

    Posts: 678 Likes: 136
    Didnt you complete your allocation questionnaire informing the court of the dates that you were not available in the following months?

    This form also included a section on where the hearing should have been held. If you did not return it then that is the reason as normally the hearing is held closest to the defendant.

    N244 is a general application form and can be used for a number of purposes, you will probably have to pay for a hearing now to have the hearing transferred/postponed.
  3. Parley

    Parley UKBF Newcomer Free Member

    Posts: 8 Likes: 0
    I applied to have judgement set aside and could not attend but submitted a defence and the next thing was I got a adjourned date, this is the date I cannot make.

    Do I submit a date change request on the N244 and how do I know if it is chargeable?

  4. Clarkmans

    Clarkmans UKBF Contributor Free Member

    Posts: 345 Likes: 81
    Write to the court and ask them to postpone the hearing date as you are on holiday. Enclose evidence if available. You should also contact the Claimant by phone beforehand to see if they will consent to the postponement. Advise the court of their response in your letter.
  5. Parley

    Parley UKBF Newcomer Free Member

    Posts: 8 Likes: 0
    Thanks for the responses, I have sent the N244 form and will wait and see what reply I get.

  6. LawontheWeb

    LawontheWeb UKBF Newcomer Free Member

    Posts: 72 Likes: 16
    Phone the Court....as its urgent.

    Ask for the listing officer, and explain the situation and they may flag it up for the judge immediately.