1. Welcome to UKBF! Check out our FAQ guide.

Business Letter

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by WiseGuy, Mar 8, 2009.

1. WiseGuy

WiseGuy UKBF Regular Free Member

Hi Guys how are you?

I need some help writing a business letter to B&Q regarding a product i would like supply to them.

Can you please give me some tips on how to write it properly/or if someone has a template i can use?

Thank You
  2. FluxServices

FluxServices UKBF Contributor Free Member

send me a quick email with an attachment to your company letterhead... I will type you up a draft.

Also it might be good to send along a small presentation to B&Q with the letter to show them more information about your product such as prices.

phillipbooker@blueyonder.co.uk

Cheers
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  3. tcg

tcg UKBF Regular Free Member

I have spoken to B&Q before re supplying them. It is great that Phill@flux-Graphics is going to look at your letter.

Once/if you get an audience you need to listen to what they have to say. They have very specific ideas about what they need and they know their market. They wanted me to change my product, use cheaper fittings and make it lighter. (This was nearly 10 years ago) I refused to cheapen my product, retool some of my machines and alter my packaging so of course they were not interested.

In retrospect I could have easily done what they asked and just created a new range, but I was too proud of my product to do so. (Youth). I now know that my product would not have sold as is at B&Q and it would have been a waste of my time and theirs.

Create some realistic boundaries for yourself before you speak to them. Make sure you know how far you are prepared to go to become a supplier to B&Q. They know their audience, but they also know they have huge power over their suppliers. Be prepared to listen, learn, take their point of view, but also ensure you are armed with your own facts, opinions and capabilities.

Best of luck.
  4. WiseGuy

WiseGuy UKBF Regular Free Member

Hi thanks for the reply tcg and PhillFluxGraphics

I will email you the letter head now PhillFluxGraphics, please let me know once you receive the email

thanks