Sales, Marketing & PR Brought to you by InFront Digital
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, make sure to follow us on Twitter! Say hi and we'll be sure to follow back!

B2B marketing what is the best way

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by GoBespoke Software, Jan 4, 2017.

1. garyk

garyk UKBF Legend Full Member

Completely different market sector. I started out in accounting systems in 1991 (in the days of DOS!) and software was sold then through a dealer network, just as it is now. Not to say it won't ever change but you have 25+ years of businesses buying accounting/erp systems via a dealer.

Posted: Jan 6, 2017 By: garyk Member since: Jun 14, 2006
  2. Oliver King

Oliver King UKBF Newcomer Full Member

Hi Lee.

I'm sure it has been covered already, but case studies, white papers and highly targeted content will work in time (generally). I would research Marketing Automation and also paid search could be a good alternative.. Send me a message if I can help any further..

Regards, Oli

Posted: Jan 6, 2017 By: Oliver King Member since: Dec 29, 2016
  3. Idosell Shop

Idosell Shop UKBF Regular Free Member

White papers as part of content management will be an important factor only when you will define target group. In example- our content is addressed to professional sellers in omnichannel distribution model. In this case, some information might be too complex for startup business owner.
    How to bypassed this issue- chat on the web page, skillful sales team which advice more than sell.
    The customer does need more honest advice how to solve problems than feature listings...
    Only this way we could reach 40-50 new customers a month only by word of mouth.

Posted: Jan 9, 2017 By: Idosell Shop Member since: Dec 2, 2016
  4. David Reinhardt

David Reinhardt UKBF Contributor Free Member

This is personally a fascinating thread. I think the revenue model behind my business is quite similar (i.e. build a subscription customer base over time rather than charge for professional services upfront), although we're focused on CRM software and data integrations rather than providing a full bespoke development capability.

We're only a few months old and have recently got over the threshold of our first few customers, first go-live, etc. and I think we're now working on a similar challenge - i.e. how do we find more B2B customers? Naturally we have a website (albeit a much smaller one than yours) and are doing some content marketing (all in-house still) but in the B2B space I almost feel those are a hygiene factor, I don't think they're gonna be our primary source of leads.

My current working theory remains "old school" - ultimately we need to find and get in front of prospective customers whose problem we can solve at the time they are looking to spend money solving them (in our case, quickly deployed data integrations and/or a desire to improve sales automation in the sales team). I don't know that those customers are going to find us so we're beginning to think how we can find them. This is about getting to industry events, networking, using LinkedIn a bit more thoroughly, possibly even engaging an agency to do some cold calling, etc.

We're only beginning our work in this space as we wanted those first few go-lives to give us credibility.

Posted: Jan 9, 2017 By: David Reinhardt Member since: Dec 5, 2016
  5. All efforts we do are just to make sure your white paper reaches the targeted audience. When targeting B2B buyers, we make sure to research the characteristics and behaviors of your audience. We review and understand where these people are spending their time online and engage with them.

Once they download your white paper it will be easier to nurture them because we have done most of the work already.

To make sure the sales happen, B2B marketers can use lead nurturing process to build relationships with the prospects – even when they’re not yet ready to buy – in order to win their business when they are ready to buy.

By initiating and keeping up the conversation with inbound leads, sharing relevant content, and being there to answer questions and solve problems, they building a level of trust and professionalism for their brand – and more importantly, maintaining “top of mind” awareness.

6. webgeek

webgeek UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

Front of mind = front of wallet, indeed.

Posted: Jan 10, 2017 By: webgeek Member since: May 19, 2009
  7. StevePoster

StevePoster UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

It is true that b2b is more complicated compared to b2c and this is due to high expectations, competitions, and i think especially the effectiveness and quality. However, regarding on the custom software development company you will need to maximize your reach and influence. To showcase the target users on what great features and benefits that it will take for their business.

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 By: StevePoster Member since: Nov 29, 2013
  8. CarlyNewton123

CarlyNewton123 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Have you looked in to telesales? Contacting businesses with an introduction via phone the old fashioned way?

Posted: Jan 24, 2017 By: CarlyNewton123 Member since: Jan 19, 2017
  9. garyk

garyk UKBF Legend Full Member

OMG all threads starting to point to cold calling.

UKBF becoming UKCCF :O :D

Posted: Jan 25, 2017 By: garyk Member since: Jun 14, 2006
  10. CarlyNewton123

hahahaha.

I think it's sharing opinions on how different businesses are marketing! :)

Posted: Jan 25, 2017 By: CarlyNewton123 Member since: Jan 19, 2017
  11. Clinton

Clinton UKBF Ace Full Member

I wouldn't be too concerned. It's one new member, @CarlyNewton123, posting in multiple threads about cold calling; included are some older threads.

It's not a sudden rise in the popularity of B2B cold calling.

Posted: Jan 25, 2017 By: Clinton Member since: Jan 17, 2010
  12. CarlyNewton123

I'm a new member on here looking at threads old and new too see what peoples thoughts are thats all :)

Posted: Jan 25, 2017 By: CarlyNewton123 Member since: Jan 19, 2017
  13. MarekBober

MarekBober UKBF Regular Free Member

I would recommend reversing the funnel- is is long run strategy but is saves time and money.
    There is nothing better then happy customers who are the best brands representatives. Since you have limited number of customers make them as happy as possible. Treat all of them the same way- same good. Since you have satisfied customers get references from them.

Posted: Mar 10, 2017 By: MarekBober Member since: Feb 10, 2016
  14. webgeek

webgeek UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

Reversing the funnel - that's a new concept (to me anyway)...

Is that where I take someone almost ready to buy and educate them to the point they're unsure whether or not they need a solution at all?

Posted: Mar 10, 2017 By: webgeek Member since: May 19, 2009