1. Welcome to UKBF! Check out our FAQ guide.

Anyone used NABO seminars?

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by RoseRover, Feb 24, 2012.

1. RoseRover

RoseRover UKBF Regular Free Member

Hi,

I've come across http://www.nabo.biz/ through another forum. Has anyone any experience of them. I've tried googling but can find very little....

Thanks

Rose
  2. Paul Norman

Paul Norman UKBF Contributor Free Member

Let me point out up front that I have no personal experience of attending a NABO event.

However, there is a grave fundamental weakness. The organisation rides on the shirt tails of the rather over hyped success story of one man. This kind of situation does not fuel a balanced outcome. For sure the NABO 'you can get rich too' message is naive, and even misleading.

Use it, but with you eyes open. And at all times, make sure you know where your wallet is.
  3. RoseRover

RoseRover UKBF Regular Free Member

Thanks Paul. My thinking exactly!

Nobody on her appears to have used them.

Rose
  4. KeithGreen

KeithGreen UKBF Regular Free Member

I did a search for NABO on here and came across this short thread.

Has anyone got any more feedback since?

I met Jonathan Jay many years ago (long before NABO) and have just received a seminar invitation - Business Growth Bootcamp.
  5. JJ2012

JJ2012 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi Posters - as this thread is talking about me, I thought I would chip in! :)

I realise that you haven't been to any of our events or are clients in any way, but I can assure you there is not 'get rich quick' type message. Our clients are very diverse from software companies to accountants, vets to consultants - they are certainly not gullible or naive!

The organisation is far larger than just me (and I never realised that I was over-hyped!) and in fact, my participation is very limited these days.

Ah - and our introductory 'try before you buy' sales events are NOT hard sell or anything like that. As I've said, our clients are intelligent professionals and don't need to worry about where their wallets are :)

JJ
  6. b2gexperience

b2gexperience UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I used NABO a year and bit ago and was all booked on a course in Newcastle, booked train tickets down (at my own cost).

Received a letter/email only 24-48 hours before the event informing me it had been cancelled.

Have receieved a number of emails from them over the last year and am very sceptical of all the offers. Especially considering they take credit card details to charge you in the event of non-attendance!

Treat them with caution, also makes me wonder why a company of this size isnt VAT or Ltd??

It may well be completely genuine but use your own business judgement
  7. JJ2012

Dear b2gexperience,

As the owner of NABO, I'm sorry that you booked onto one of our free events that didn't have enough interest in that part of the country for us to run it. I think that we were running about 20 a month at the time.

If you had contacted my office at the time we would have reimbursed you if you had bought train tickets in advance.

I can understand why you would be sceptical! We now take cc details in advance of an event that is free as 66% of people don't show up otherwise. The card is only charged is the delegate is a 'no show'.

I'm not sure why you think that we're not vat registered or a Ltd company as we have always been both?

Jonathan
  8. businessfunding

businessfunding UKBF Contributor Free Member

Your limited identity is not immediately apparent from your website. I didn't see your registered number at all, which must be given.

As a genuine question I would ask what benefit this seminar approach provides over a one-to-one consultation with a marketing professional?
  9. JJ2012

If you look at the contact page you will see all the information you are looking for.

Again, if you look at our website you will see that we do one to one consultations too.

I have been running seminars for 15 years and an advantage is you can speak to hundreds of people at a time, you can have multiple speakers and there are huge networking opportunities.

With regards to you receiving unwanted emails - just unsubscribe!

Jonathan
  10. Ploppy1

Ploppy1 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi Rose hi Guys . Chris has become very successful and fair play to him. He has used his own money with ppc and dont we know it every time we go to a seminar. He says about the 2.5 million well spend well in $ . Chris has just bought into a company owned by Johnathon J. called nabo They charge £950 per month to run the marketing for you. Cardell uses alot of the old patter he sells every year, and just jazzes it up. He is always up selling products and up selling and up selling. His events and a lot of people are now getting fed up. His Nabo company pay per click guys get around £25k per year and the sales people selling the business solution are on very good commission. I guess the question is how good is a ppc guy on that wage.

I run 10 accounts abroad and doing $6 million a month spend so if at a seminar could I show you all the things I know YES. Why doesn't Chris. Simple its all about the Money.

Building a marketing list in his niche is different. To a local business owner who is a plumber or electrician. I would say that Jonathon J he is awesome, I have seen his profile and the real deal. Would I do business with Johnathon J yes, Infact I have a solution on adwords that Nabo are not even doing but if they did. Well that £950 spend would justify itself every month. Chris has 100's thousands of subscribers so Johnathon saw a great opportunity. I would say that knowing a few of the clients on Nabo and how they are trying to make websites and companies successful online . Its going to be a struggle. There are 2 things that are so Crucial to marketing yet I know its not even factored into there Nabo solution. With all the extra solutions that they are trying to put into websites it just slows it all down. Hope this helps. P
  11. JJ2012

Hi Ploppy1 - thanks for posting.

I'm interested in what you have to say.

Why don't you email me on my initials at our website address or call the office to get my email?

Jonathan
  12. fastdraw

fastdraw UKBF Regular Free Member

I signed up for their Chris Cardell Complete Digital Marketing programme and had nothing but problems at the beginning. Lack of information on appointments, 5 different account managers, staff changes every other week. I wrote an email to Jonathan Jay laying out all my concerns at the time, asked him to contact me and he never replied. They guarantee to have the whole system up and working in 30 days but it never happened and every time you start building a relationship with one of their team they disappear, either fired, quit or moved somewhere else. I found it very stressful working with them and the promises that if my business didn't improve dramatically from the work they did then they would get involved and help sort it out even bringing Chris Cardell in necessary. That never happened. Eventually they completed the tasks they contracted to do but it was hard work instead of being able to leave everything to them as the pitch went and it cost just under £15.000 for this system. Which for the results I've seen to date is a waste of money. I'd rather be writing that it's made a fantastic difference to my business and glad to praise their service if it did but unfortunately I can't see that it has made much difference to my business at all. After the one to one chat with their marketing expert they certainly said they would. The initial interview was conducted to make sure there was a good fit between NABO and my business and with this understanding in place I could expect great things. A few more leads yes, but I could have achieved that from an adwords campaign alone and it wouldn't have cost £15K. I work on in hope! watch this space.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. poppy2013

poppy2013 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I have had a similar experience to fastdraw with the NABO marketing system. I too had a consultation where I was told they could provide us with a system that would give multiple leads with very little effort on my part. Not true!! I spent countless hours writing most of the copy myself, after their efforts which showed they understood very little about my business.

I have also found it very hard work to deal with multiple different members of their team- communication from them has been very poor. I wish we hadn't bothered to be honest- could have spent this money (about 15k including my time and expenses) on less stressful areas with more immediate return. I would not work with them again and would not recommend to anyone else.
  14. old newbie

old newbie UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Interesting.

I've subscribed to CC for maybe 7/8 years now and get (and mostly read) his bi-weekly emails, which if you show any interest in, you then get bombarded with follow-up "only 4 hours left till the deadline" stuff... Fair enough I suppose. He's selling selling after all. (There are times it can piss me off tho. But I haven't, as yet, unsubscribed! ;) )

The thing is, I KNOW I need to be doing more of this stuff, and I'm always picking up bits'n'bobs of info that I studiously store away for implementing at a more opportune time, so I'm susceptible(ish) to an 'all inclusive' package...

Fast-forward to this morning's (maybe third?) email of the week offering £2500.00 worth of free marketing, right up-to-the-minute, fan-dabby-dozy, you need this or your business will die. Stuff.

Which I forward to my son, in Glasgow (we have identical businesses, just 150 miles apart) and ask if he's seen this?? He had.

And replied.

As you do, immediately, in youth. :p

He now has a scheduled call with his 'advisor'(?) later on in the week, primarily I suspect to confirm that the oft-mentioned sum of £10k would fit with his expectations of results...

But here's the thing.

I'd happily pay £10k to discharge myself of the tedium, and know it was being done well.

...and there, of course, is the crux; "and know it was being done well."

Or is that just a pipe-dream?

Thanks.
  15. JJ2012

As the owner of the company being mentioned here, I never, of course, like to hear negative comments like this.

Last year we had so many new customers, hundreds, in fact, within a space of weeks and it was massively chaotic and I agree that at times our customer service must have been terrible.

All that is behind us now and we have an expert team in place and client satisfaction of 10/10 in almost every case.

BTW, the figures quoted for our fees are not accurate - they are way lower than that.

Also, I ALWAYS answer emails personally, so if the poster above would resend that email to me I can address it.

Again, it's very hard to help anonymous customers, so if both the posters would contact us immediately we can put everything right and hopefully they will then be posting some very positive stuff.
  16. Henrythomas52

Henrythomas52 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I too signed up to this programme last year and have had exactly the same problems as fastdraw.

I have complained numerous times by phone and email to no avail and am shocked by Nabo's total lack of honesty in order to get you to sign up to it.

Most of the people who have signed up are small businesses who have seriously strethched their budgets in order to pay for this. But with absolutely nothing to show for it, we may have just all had a lovely luxury holiday and closed our doors for a couple of weeks.

[Removed by Mod]

I am not going to let this go without a fight - I can't afford to lose such a large amount of money.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014
  17. JJ2012

@henrythomas - as per my previous post, if you have a problem with something, please contact the office. Anonymous posts cannot help you (we don't have a customer called Henry Thomas as far as I can tell). The two people earlier in the thread were invited to contact me to have any issues resolved, but have not done so.

As I explained, last year we had a huge number of customers in a short space of time, and customer service suffered massively. That was last year - this year is different.

BTW, I'm not sure how the poster above knows how 'most of the small businesses have seriously stretched their budgets'. That isn't the case at all.

I'm not sure if to say that my partner and I are 'robbing' struggling businesses is libelous or not. What I do know is that our customers are rarely struggling.

Perhaps if 'Henry Thomas' can contact me we can do this professionally rather than airing our dirty laundry in public, as they say.
  18. Henrythomas52

Henrythomas52 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

As I mentioned before in my previous post, I have contacted your office on many, many, many occasions by email and phone and no-one seems to want to resolve the problems. This is probably because (as fastdraw mentioned in his post) the turnover of staff is immense and someone you spoke to the previous week is no longer there the following week and as far as account managers go, despite asking who mine is over and over, no-one has ever been able to tell me.

Perhaps your product worked before Chris Cardell got involved with his list of 1000's of people and obviously your staff have been overwhelmed with the response, but sadly the people who have signed up in good faith over the last eight months have suffered as a result.

I would also be interested how you know that the people who signed up to this programme are 'rarely struggling' (your words). How on earth do you know their financial situations? <<<Comment removed by mod>>>

Results in 30 days? That's a laugh! 30 years maybe. Sadly I'm not prepared to wait that long.

Let me know how I can contact you directly and I will do so. But it is sad Jonathan that it's taken me finding a thread on this page to get a response from you.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014
  19. JJ2012

Henry - my email address is my initials @ the website address.

Actually, the turnover of staff in proportion to the number of staff is actually very acceptable. It's been weighted towards customer facing staff which is why you have noticed it.

Again, you cannot speak for hundreds of customers and as our pricing is not at the bottom end, a business that is struggling cannot afford our products.

As you are still anonymous, I cannot offer a sensible answer. I'm very available and hardly difficult to get hold of - and I'll respond to your email today (include your phone number please).

I was with a client on Thursday last week who recorded a video for us about his £120,000 of new business in the last three weeks. If I know who you are, I'll send it to you.
  20. JJ2012

Henry - I still haven't heard from you.

It's frustrating when someone is negative about your business, you step in to put it right and turn them into a delighted customer, but then that person doesn't get in touch.

If there really is a problem you would like me to solve (and you really are a customer!) then email me so that I can help you!!
    • Thanks Thanks x 1