Anyone use this service? FWCALL service reviews

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by iArtist, Apr 18, 2012.

1. iArtist

iArtist Unique gifts Full Member - Verified Business

I got an email today from these people, sounds like it could be useful if it's genuine?

http://www.fwcall.com/faq.jsp

Free Uk number to redirect to any number around the globe. No cost at all to the owner of the number. Calls to user of the number same as cost of local UK call regardless of where in the world the number is redirected to.

So what's the catch? Anyone familiar with this service?
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
    Posted: Apr 18, 2012 By: iArtist Member since: Jun 22, 2009
  2. iArtist

No one heard of or tried this service ?
    Posted: Apr 21, 2012 By: iArtist Member since: Jun 22, 2009
  3. british steve

british steve UKBF Ace Free Member

They give you a nice new mobile number (An 070 Number no doubt) that probably costs callers about 35ppm to call - FWcall then re-route the call to anywhere you like for free (from a limited choice of countries they provide) because that part of the call only cost a penny or two!

Any one you calls you on your nice new number is likely to have a heart attack when they get their phone bill. The one thing I did notice was the fact FWcall have not put the prices up on their website which does mean it's probably going to be an expensive rip of.

Its not a good deal. Dont touch it with a barge pole!
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
    Posted: Apr 21, 2012 By: british steve Member since: Oct 1, 2009
  4. MikeJ

MikeJ UKBF Big Shot Free Member

If you've got included minutes, then it's free to call. Presumably they do the transfer by voip, and the inbound call gain from someone calling a mobile number is less than paying the local call at the other end.
    Posted: Apr 21, 2012 By: MikeJ Member since: Jan 15, 2008
  5. iArtist

To call the number its the same as a local uk call so no big wammy for callers. It would be nice to know if anyone was using this service already.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  6. StevensOnln1

StevensOnln1 UKBF Ace Free Member

Their website says they offer a UK mobile number, not a local (i.e. 01/02 number). If it is in fact an 070 number, those aren't included in most calls packages and will cost a huge amount more to call than a regular mobile.
    Posted: Apr 21, 2012 By: StevensOnln1 Member since: Dec 10, 2011
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. iArtist

It says the calls cost the same as a local uk call or free if you have that service for free local calls on your mobile package or phone package..
  8. StevensOnln1

StevensOnln1 UKBF Ace Free Member

It says
    at the top of the page linked to in your OP.
    Posted: Apr 21, 2012 By: StevensOnln1 Member since: Dec 10, 2011
  9. iArtist

Yes and it says the calls cost same as local uk call or free etc. This is why i would like to hear from someone who has or is using the service. It does sound odd but i am curious.
  10. cjd

cjd UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

It's a con. The numbers issued are special (ie expensive) UK mobile numbers in a range allocated to Jersey.

This is the one they allocated me 07937425489

We would charge 20p per minute to connect to that. Most companies would charge a lot more.

Proper telephony is not magic, it can't be done for free, but it can be done extremely cost effectively.

This is the grown up way of doing call forwarding:
    http://www.voipfone.co.uk/Call_Forwarding_And_Divert.php
    Posted: Apr 22, 2012 By: cjd Member since: Nov 23, 2005
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  11. razzakar

razzakar UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that a while back a friend of mine gave me a giffgaff PAYG sim (Hokey Dokey. £5 per month. 60 free calling mins plus bonus minutes if anyone calls you from a different operator).

He also set-up a call forwarding to my wife's number in Bangladesh. The call forwarding number looks very similar to FWCall service. My wife's number starts with 07937. So at the moment what I do is every month I top-up my Giffgaff PAYG sim with £5. I use this sim exclusively to call my wife in Bangladesh. Once my minute runs low, using my contract phone (600 free mins), I ring my giffgaff number and add bonus minutes.

I am not sure which service provider he used. Since reading this thread, I had been trying to get hold of him but he's not answering his phone. As soon I find out, I will let you know.

Considering that I always call my wife with the PAYG sim and never been charged anything extra and I always dial the 07937 number, I think the FWCall is a genuine service. Once I find out which service provider he used to set this up, I will post it here.

Watch this space.
    Regards,
    Abs
    Posted: Jun 29, 2012 By: razzakar Member since: Jun 29, 2012
  12. razzakar

Hi,

Sorry for taking so long to reply back. I have confirmed with my friend and its FWCall that he used to set-up call forwarding. I have set-up few numbers myself as well. All my calls are going through my free minutes and I am not paying anything on top.
    All my numbers starts with 07937.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
    Abs
    Posted: Jul 27, 2012 By: razzakar Member since: Jun 29, 2012
  13. cjd

cjd UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

07937 is a Jersey mobile number. Whoever calls that number (and I would refuse to) is paying for your 'free' divert at anything over 20p per minute.
    Posted: Jul 27, 2012 By: cjd Member since: Nov 23, 2005
  14. razzakar

Sorry I didn't quite get that.

No one is paying for my calls. I use those numbers to ring Bangladesh. My family members are also using those same numbers. One of the number is for my wife's, which I use from my phone. My mother also uses that number from her phone when she wants to ring my wife.

As far as I know, I am not paying anything extra, nor my family members.

One thing I must admit is that I always use my GiffGaff PAYG sim to make those calls.
    Posted: Jul 28, 2012 By: razzakar Member since: Jun 29, 2012
  15. busyman

busyman Guest

I have already paid to t-mobile lucky enough to get a message from three that they will charge me for this number:cool:
    Posted: Oct 24, 2012 By: busyman Member since: Oct 24, 2012
  16. zaheerkaka

zaheerkaka UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I started using fwcall to call Pakistan about 6 months ago when another service called Spikoo stopped working. Fwcall worked fine up until they started charging for incoming calls in Pakistan. For last two weeks fwcalls have not been going through. I used to call from my free O2 minutes. As far as I remember I read somewhere that O2 and orange are free to call.

Now I am looking for any new free service, if you know post please.
    Posted: Nov 24, 2012 By: zaheerkaka Member since: Nov 24, 2012
  17. ahmedseyam

ahmedseyam UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi there,
    BOTTOM LINES:
    -those are all channel islands mobile numbers
    -they look like a UK number and you would not spot it is an overseas number
    -they company (FWCall.com) exploits the loopholes that some of the mainland UK mobile operators' systems don't catch on that those numbers are overseas.

I didn't recognize it is a Jersey Telecom number until I got a bill of eye watering £360 !, so be warned.
    The mobile operators that have not caught on those numbers yet, eventually will and will def charge you.
    there are some loopholes in the terms and conditions of some contracts and I guess some people abuse those loopholes.
    you can double check those codes, by searching for channel islands area codes, it will give a comprehensive idea about phone prefixes and their mobile carriers.

AGAIN BE WARNED BEFORE YOU GET A HUGE PHONE BILL, REMEMBER NOTHING IS FOR FREE!
    Regards,
    A Seyam
    Posted: Dec 9, 2013 By: ahmedseyam Member since: Dec 8, 2013