Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, make sure to follow us on Twitter! Say hi and we'll be sure to follow back!

Anyone a member of the Entrepreneur's Circle?

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Ashley_Price, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Ashley_Price

Ashley_Price Your Personal Shopper for Office Supplies Full Member - Verified Business

2. garyk

garyk UKBF Legend Full Member

Never heard of it, just had a very quick look, you might want to run the guys name on that site through a search on here or check out the franchising forum.

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 By: garyk Member since: Jun 14, 2006
  3. Ashley_Price

Ashley_Price Your Personal Shopper for Office Supplies Full Member - Verified Business

4. Eagle

Eagle UKBF Legend Free Member

Never heard of it myself. Got a link?

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 By: Eagle Member since: Oct 3, 2004
  5. garyk

garyk UKBF Legend Full Member

May well have seems to have caused a few issues along the way, remember reading in depth about him regarding franchisees, still never know might all be made up!

Posted: Apr 10, 2011 By: garyk Member since: Jun 14, 2006
  6. Ashley_Price

Not completely, because he started Raring2Go and I know the person who bought it off Nigel.

Posted: Apr 11, 2011 By: Ashley_Price Member since: Feb 9, 2008
  7. shadesofblue

shadesofblue UKBF Newcomer Free Member

I remember reading about Nigel Botterill and thebestof franchise a while ago and had it down as one of those directories that would never take off. However, I now see a massive billboard in my local town advertising various businesses under thebestof name and a number of shops with the "buy local" sticker in them.

Whether it's making any money or not I have no idea but I'm gatecrashing an expo at twickenham tomorrow that seems to be sponsored by thebestof so I'll no doubt find out more.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
    Posted: Apr 11, 2011 By: shadesofblue Member since: Jul 13, 2010
  8. Ashley_Price

9. An Oasis

An Oasis UKBF Newcomer Full Member

Had a read of the home page but I can't see the point, perhaps if you're just starting up?

Posted: Apr 11, 2011 By: An Oasis Member since: Oct 3, 2006
  10. FreelanceSoftwareDeveloper

FreelanceSoftwareDeveloper UKBF Ace Free Member

I'm sure it's making money for the company that sell the franchises, whether or not the people who buy into them make any money is more often than not the biggest controversy!

Posted: Apr 11, 2011 By: FreelanceSoftwareDeveloper Member since: Sep 14, 2009
  11. FreelanceSoftwareDeveloper

FreelanceSoftwareDeveloper UKBF Ace Free Member

Looks very spammy, let me guess you sign up for a 'free gift' then get bombarded with emails from an autoresponder telling you how he will make you more successful for a 'minimal fee'.

Posted: Apr 11, 2011 By: FreelanceSoftwareDeveloper Member since: Sep 14, 2009
  12. Ashley_Price

I wouldn't say it's "spammy" in the way you mean, everything about the costs involved are clearly displayed on the sign up for the "free gift" page HERE

And if the Daily Telegraph's Business Club is talking about it, then it can't be all bad, surely?

Posted: Apr 11, 2011 By: Ashley_Price Member since: Feb 9, 2008
  13. KM-Tiger

KM-Tiger UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

Did you ever read the 'Best of' thread?

Leopard ... spots.

Posted: Apr 11, 2011 By: KM-Tiger Member since: Aug 10, 2003
  14. Matt Gent

Matt Gent UKBF Newcomer Free Member

How much is the membership?
    Looks like another so called "guru" in the way its marketed

Posted: Apr 11, 2011 By: Matt Gent Member since: Mar 22, 2011
  15. Japimedia

Japimedia UKBF Newcomer Free Member

A poor man's Dan Kennedy.

I´ve met Nigel Botterill. :rolleyes:

Posted: Apr 11, 2011 By: Japimedia Member since: Jan 7, 2011
  16. Ashley_Price

17. Japimedia

Japimedia UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Sometimes "poor" has nothing to do with money. ;)

Posted: Apr 11, 2011 By: Japimedia Member since: Jan 7, 2011
  18. MillerConsultancy

MillerConsultancy UKBF Newcomer Full Member

Did you ever read the 'Best of' thread?

Leopard ... spots.
    no one can read the bestof threads as despite being told we wanted it to stay the mods deleted it

Posted: Apr 11, 2011 By: MillerConsultancy Member since: Oct 13, 2010
  19. beeboo

beeboo UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi,
    Best of in my town has got around 120 local businesses signed up. They organise exhibitions and put businesses together. Very good for the business that wants to get involved. For those that sit on the fence criticizing everything and anything around them whilst their business further sinks in mediocrity definitely not for them.
    Entrepreneurs Circle has got around 5000 members as of Jan 2012. Brilliant national and local meetings, Nigel Botterill provides brilliant tools, advise, coaching and marketing critique to his members.
    Am I member? Yes.
    It changed the way I go about my business, the way I market it and sell my services. Definitely not for everyone. Some great examples there where people transformed their business.

Posted: Jan 5, 2012 By: beeboo Member since: Jan 5, 2012
  20. doi_swilkinson

doi_swilkinson UKBF Regular Free Member

I recently after a visit to my BNI chapter by a Ian Prowse promoting this organisation took out a 2 month trial.
    I immediately knew it was not for me just watchingh his videos wore me out.
    However what i failed to notice was the automatic upgrade to full membership £82.80 inc vat this came out of my account on Monday,feeling agreived by this i asked for a refund due to my lack of interest in there organisation,this has been flatly refused twice so far.
    I am a member of best of and have threatened to cancel this should i not get a refund,not holding my breath !!

What i did notice from the info i received that over 300 people per month were joining thats over £25k inc vat new revenue each month,so if nothing else a fantastic business plan.

Stefan

Posted: Jan 5, 2012 By: doi_swilkinson Member since: Aug 25, 2010