Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, make sure to follow us on Twitter! Say hi and we'll be sure to follow back!

Any interesting ways to advertise for free

Discussion in 'West Midlands' started by Phoenix Driving, Feb 16, 2011.

1. #ServicedOffices

#ServicedOffices UKBF Contributor Free Member

I agree with affiliate/finder fees as will bring you a lot of word of mouth promotions and recommendations.

Sometimes I think it pays to get down The Strand or whatever with a massive advertising board and get in the background of a live TV news broadcast. Or stick a big advert on the side of the van and stop just behind them (probably need a portable TV to get perfect accuracy)... the cars beeping away behind with get viewers attention (and likely the journalist too). Never tried it but its on my list of things to do.

As for a driving school, courier etc. where you have advertising on the side of your vehicle... use that!

Posted: Nov 22, 2014 By: #ServicedOffices Member since: Nov 21, 2014
  2. Thermodynamic Man

Thermodynamic Man UKBF Regular Free Member

20 Lessons for £180? Good God. I am not surprised you snapped that up. How the hell is this guy making a living after covering his overheads?

Posted: Nov 22, 2014 By: Thermodynamic Man Member since: Aug 20, 2014
  3. AllUpHere

AllUpHere UKBF Ace Free Member

It was years ago. This is a very old thread that's been dug up. Still too cheap though isn't it.

Posted: Nov 22, 2014 By: AllUpHere Member since: Jun 30, 2014
  4. Thermodynamic Man

Thermodynamic Man UKBF Regular Free Member

Too right it was. But you're right...note to self...look at dates of posts :rolleyes:

Posted: Nov 22, 2014 By: Thermodynamic Man Member since: Aug 20, 2014
  5. colour24

colour24 UKBF Contributor Free Member

Hi, you will find many of your future clients are local gym members. The gyms will be keen for you to offer a discount to their members.

Posted: Jun 15, 2015 By: colour24 Member since: May 10, 2015
  6. TLMartin

TLMartin UKBF Contributor Free Member

You mentioned getting press releases, how does that work? how do you get yourself to be commented on by the newspaper?

Posted: Mar 30, 2016 By: TLMartin Member since: Jan 27, 2016
  7. jamie1867

jamie1867 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Try moving away from leaflets too - try inbound text on the car's and in adverts - TEXT HELP DRIVE to 12345 (short number) this way you will capture the number of the interested student, and you can call them back, or market to them over again.

Posted: May 10, 2016 By: jamie1867 Member since: May 10, 2016
  8. Andre1981

Andre1981 Guest

The £180 deal for driving is a con, I know people who had the 20 lessons and were still not confident to drive down a quiet road.
    They spend as much time talking over those hours to save on petrol,mainly talking about how you should be spending more money to improve your driving ability.
    Not always but a lot of the time these people are not far out of driving school so they see this a learning process themself, AVOID!

Posted: May 26, 2016 By: Andre1981 Member since: Jan 1, 1970
  9. Virtual Reality Hire

Virtual Reality Hire UKBF Contributor Free Member

As a few have mentioned, for free advertising, social media would be the first place I'd go. Go onto local sales/news/info pages as there are plenty of these in each area and post a picture of your car and contact details and it can be a sure fire way to generate interest. Just try not to spam and only add it onto pages which may be relevant.
    You could even start your own page and invite friends and family to like it and then grow it from there.

Posted: May 26, 2016 By: Virtual Reality Hire Member since: May 20, 2016
  10. beasty

beasty , Full Member - Verified Business

Walk naked down the highstreet with writing on your body saying

This would be a lot less embarrassing if i was in a car, you may optionally strategically place a couple of L plates *preserve your dignity and pass you off as a bride or groom on a stag do!

LEARN TO DRIVE WITH
    XXX XXX XXX

Problem solved

Posted: May 27, 2016 By: beasty Member since: Feb 4, 2013