Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, make sure to follow us on Twitter! Say hi and we'll be sure to follow back!

Active NI Members?

Discussion in 'Northern Ireland' started by Bruceflea, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Bruceflea

Bruceflea UKBF Regular Free Member

Hi,

It's been a brave while since I was last on the forums but have recently started using them again. The biggest thing I noticed when I was more active on these was that there was never too much activity in the NI Regional forum and from what I've noticed today, it still looks fairly similar.

I suppose I really just wanted to see who was actually active on the forums and based in NI?

Posted: Mar 23, 2015 By: Bruceflea Member since: Apr 6, 2010
  2. Onion4Sage

Onion4Sage UKBF Contributor Free Member

Hi Aaron,
    I've never posted on the regional forum but keep an eye on the new posts for topics of interest.

Posted: Mar 23, 2015 By: Onion4Sage Member since: Jan 5, 2015
  3. Bruceflea

Hi Ian,
    I was really just looking out of interest. When I was more active on this a few years back, I always got the impression that NI was quite different to the mainland UK in it's dealings online and particularly on likes of business forums and networking online and just wanted to see if anything had changed in that respect in the last few years.

Posted: Mar 24, 2015 By: Bruceflea Member since: Apr 6, 2010
  4. Codefixer

Codefixer UKBF Regular Full Member

Guys,

A couple of years ago I stopped using the forum, I'd mainly hang out in the SEO/PPC forum but became increasingly disillusioned by a number of things on the forum.

Recently I've come back to give it another go.

I think there is plenty of great advice on the forum, though you have wade through some of the rubbish.

It's disappointing that the regional NI forum doesn't do alot better and that there's not a stronger NI voice on the forums.

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 By: Codefixer Member since: Nov 18, 2007
  5. VPA-NI

VPA-NI UKBF Regular Free Member

I must admit that I only tend to pop on to the Forum whenever I need advice, but when I am on I try to give something back as well.

You are right though the NI Regional Forum tends to be a lot quieter than the main ones - is that because we are just too busy getting on with things ourselves?

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 By: VPA-NI Member since: Feb 27, 2011
  6. Codefixer

Not sure what the reason is. I can't think of many successful NI business forums either.

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 By: Codefixer Member since: Nov 18, 2007
  7. Bruceflea

No idea what the reason is to be fair. I remember when 4Networking launched in NI a number of years ago and the forum they had was quite active with NI based users/ businesses but once they pulled the networking events it all seemed to die the death.

I agree Codefixer with you on the good advice but having to wade through the rubbish. Seems a lot of people generally use the forums in order to find someone having a problem and they then get hammered by people offering their services (at a price) rather than advice which you would have thought would have been offered firstly.

I'm not sure whether we are just too busy getting on with things or not Heather. I think in NI we are late adopters of technology & online resources (massive generalization I know) and tend to get on with things in an 'old-school' way. Just my two pennies worth.

Posted: Mar 31, 2015 By: Bruceflea Member since: Apr 6, 2010
  8. Codefixer

Yeah, my gut feeling is that we don't use online resources as well or as much as we could.

Posted: Apr 3, 2015 By: Codefixer Member since: Nov 18, 2007