Employment & HR Brought to you by Milkround
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, make sure to follow us on Twitter! Say hi and we'll be sure to follow back!

absence management software (free)

Discussion in 'Employment & HR' started by ricky776, Jan 6, 2017.

1. ricky776

ricky776 UKBF Regular Free Member

Hello

Does anyone know an absence management software which is free, I don’t need anything fancy just something where I can keep track of sick days and holidays etc.

Posted: Jan 6, 2017 By: ricky776 Member since: Jul 31, 2007
  2. ethical PR

ethical PR UKBF Legend Free Member

If you are a small company just use excel or put together a table in word.

Posted: Jan 6, 2017 By: ethical PR Member since: Apr 19, 2009
  3. hortonas_tjh

hortonas_tjh UKBF Contributor Free Member

Even large businesses I have worked in in the past have done this locally on a spreadsheet too.

Posted: Jan 6, 2017 By: hortonas_tjh Member since: Oct 9, 2016
  4. cyrusmistry

cyrusmistry UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Go for My Leave Logger, here is what they say about their software:

My Leave Logger is the ultimate absence tracking platform. Allowing users to book, approve and manage holidays, log sick days and login from mobile and desktop devices 24/7, My Leave Logger simplifies staff management and allows unlimited access to absence bookings and records, when you need it.

Posted: Jan 9, 2017 By: cyrusmistry Member since: Jan 9, 2017
  5. Sandra Campbell

Sandra Campbell UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi Ricky
    If you are setting up a spreadsheet then you could perhaps make use of the Bradford Factor as one of the ways you can analyse absence. You could input a formula onto your spreadsheet to calculate each person's Bradford Factor Score.
    The Bradford Factor looks at the number of occasions of absence and the number of days of absence but places emphasis on the number of occasions of absence owing to the impact that intermittent absences have upon a business (i.e. staff phoning in sick at the last minute for one / two days absence as opposed to someone off long term sick who you know in advance is not going to be in at work for a specified number of weeks).
    The Bradford Factor uses the formula:
    Number of Occasions Sick (S) x Number of Occasions Sick (S) x Total Number of Days Absent (D) - this formula would give each person a score​
    You would never use the Bradford Factor in isolation when looking at absence as you always have to be aware of underlying medical conditions, if someone is not off because they are personally sick but because of family/domestic issues etc but it can be a useful tool.
    The above information is just a short intro to the Bradford Factor. Let me know if you want me to post some more info on it.
    Regards
    Sandra

Posted: Jan 11, 2017 By: Sandra Campbell Member since: Dec 8, 2016
  6. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

How do you run your payroll? Most payroll systems have sick leave/holiday tracking.

Posted: Jan 11, 2017 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  7. Helen Armstrong

Helen Armstrong UKBF Newcomer Full Member

CharlieHR is free and will track holidays and sickness.

Posted: Jan 22, 2017 By: Helen Armstrong Member since: Nov 5, 2016