3G Direct Debit

Discussion in 'Time Out' started by Carl-CSNM, May 24, 2007.

1. Carl-CSNM

Carl-CSNM UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Just been checking my bank statements and noticed a charge of £28.00 made our to "H3G". Quick Google showed it was 3G Mobile.

Phoned my bank, who said I needed to ring them about it so I'm in the queue to them at the moment have been for 25 minutes listening to rock music!!! :mad:

I've no contract mobile phone with 3G and never have.

Will let you know what happens, no doubt I'll be speaking to someone in India.

Posted: May 24, 2007 By: Carl-CSNM Member since: Apr 9, 2006
  2. Carl-CSNM

All sorted, I love Natwest.

3G were useless as I expected and in India.

3. bwglaw

bwglaw UKBF Newcomer Free Member

huh, Natwest.... hate 'em!

Glad you got it sorted.

Posted: May 24, 2007 By: bwglaw Member since: Apr 8, 2005
  4. Carl-CSNM

I really like Natwest, I'd say they are the only "big" company I'm happy with. Telephones answered in seconds, helpful/friendly UK staff on the phone and in branches. :cool:

5. Carl-CSNM

Oh and I was advised to contact the police about it; don't think I'll bother though.

6. bwglaw

Could have been a genuine mistake. I dont think the Police will do anything considering the amount involved.

If you have incurred any charges then claim these from 3G

7. Carl-CSNM

3G told me to claim something beginning with I from the bank (forgot what it's called!)

Which I did and Natwest kindly refunded the amount, but they said 3G should have refunded it really.

8. Rhyl Lightworks

Rhyl Lightworks UKBF Ace Free Member

It must depend on your local branch. Had the same problem about 2 years ago when BT Scoot helped themselves to about £250 from a NatWest Business card which I had cancelled in writing a year before. I have never done any business with BT Scoot ever. Not only did NatWest pay it, they helped themselves to the money from my personal account with them (the only one I had left with them) to pay off my card. It took about 3 months to get the money back. No apology, offer to reimburse interest or anything. In fact they behaved as if their mistake was my fault. One of several horror stories I can recount about NatWest, and they had the cheek to ask me why I changed my account.
    Barrie

Posted: May 24, 2007 By: Rhyl Lightworks Member since: Aug 16, 2006
  9. bwglaw

I almost lost £1250 when our commercial landlord attempted to deduct the sum from our bank account and later the company went into administration. What they should have deducted was around £150. I was fortunate that my beloved HSBC (who I am currently suing!) rejected the DD. I badgered the company that took over my commercial landlord for all expenses to be reimbursed - they paid, eventually.

A close shave I must say, otherwise I would have great difficulty getting the funds back. I did raise the issue that I suspected the transaction to be illegal on the basis that they deducted funds they are not entitled and further that they by coincidence announced and went into administration soon after.

10. HC-Martin

HC-Martin UKBF Newcomer Free Member

You would have thought he would have know better than to try and fiddle a lawyer, especially considering the consequence you could bring.

It's like pick pocketing a copper...:D

Posted: May 24, 2007 By: HC-Martin Member since: Nov 11, 2006
  11. Carl-CSNM

You have to be brave to mess with Jonathan. ;)

12. bwglaw

and the commercial landlord is now one of the largest serviced office providers, who eventually coughed up the £28..! It was a matter of principle especially when they were holding a greater amount as deposit.

Pick-pocketing a copper, done that! ;)

13. SpeedyExpressCouriers

SpeedyExpressCouriers UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Bloody hell, hope i'm in your good books John? ;)

Posted: May 24, 2007 By: SpeedyExpressCouriers Member since: Aug 27, 2006
  14. Astaroth

Astaroth UKBF Newcomer Free Member

With a company the size of Natwest (RBS Group) you will inevitably get some people with good experiences and some with bad.

Personally I have found them generally good (a few poor experiences but no show stoppers) and in comparison to the others that I have banked with probably slightly better.

The differences between some of the RBS brands are a little irritating though, could set up a DD over the phone with Mint but not for my NatWest credit card but then I guess most dont realise exactly which brands are RBS Group and which arent.

Posted: May 24, 2007 By: Astaroth Member since: Aug 24, 2005
  15. Carl-CSNM

I was unable to login to our business on-line banking not so long ago, after the other day I was starting to panic!

Phoned up Natwest at 9.25pm - got through straight away to someone in the UK and they sorted it all out for me over the phone. And it's a bank holiday weekend! :cool: Absolutely fantastic service if you ask me.

Posted: May 27, 2007 By: Carl-CSNM Member since: Apr 9, 2006
  16. SpeedyExpressCouriers

SpeedyExpressCouriers UKBF Newcomer Free Member

They must really love you Carl. ;)

Posted: May 27, 2007 By: SpeedyExpressCouriers Member since: Aug 27, 2006
  17. jano.ve

jano.ve Guest

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 By: jano.ve Member since: Aug 9, 2009
  18. jano.ve

jano.ve Guest

Hello i have the same problem now like you. My money were stolen from my account from H3G. I hope you to see my message and i would like to know if you got your money back. Please for advice what can I do! Thank you.

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 By: jano.ve Member since: Aug 9, 2009
  19. Scott-Copywriter

Scott-Copywriter UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

I've noticed good service like this with Lloyds too. Gave the helpline a call expecting a long-hold and an indian chap at the end of the phone. Had to wait about 30 seconds and was put onto an English lady who was very chatty and helpful.

I wonder which banks are the culprits when it comes to very poor telephone service? I hear a lot about it.

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 By: Scott-Copywriter Member since: May 10, 2006
  20. asonda

asonda UKBF Newcomer Full Member - Verified Business

Alliance and Leicester are the same, very good folks and have helped me out when I was starting up with a few things.

Posted: Aug 12, 2009 By: asonda Member since: Jan 28, 2007