Heres a couple of easy ides for you.
No point spending yonks delivering cheap nasty looking leaflets here there and everywhere when its easy to start direct with your target market.
1. Get some decent leaflets made up, you don't have to spend a fortune but unfortunatley you do have to speculate here, personally I wouldn't cut them out of A4 paper as People judge on first impressions and your material speaks volumes imo,is this the impression you want to set?
2. Think about where your market is, I know that its obviously all homeowners but the more you narrow it down to specifics the better conversion .
3. Like above drop a leaflet through all the letterboxes where you see a sold sign
the new occupants may need your services.
4.Check out the local rag for planning applications, drop them a letter and a leaflet.
5.When you see a planning app on a tree (there orange where I am and usually on a tree!) stop and have a look to see where it is and drop them one as well, or better still if you have the confidence knock on there door and hand it to them. Charm them and hey ho.
6.DIY stores are a beautifull place for a trade to advertise.Put a leaflet under the wiper of all the cars in the car park, hell go one better and get some free biz cards from vista print and place them in the timber section. (dont get caught!) but as needs must.
7. Park your van if sign written outside the above stores and if possible early on a weekend.
8. Hobdens etc get yersen in there if you havent already. Best way is write a personal letter / email and send it to all the carpentry / kitchen fitters stores etc that you can think of. Introduce yourself and put your web address on and also mention that you will personally pop in and introduce yourself. Get a nice polo shirt with a logo on and your web address round the back and pop round after a couple of days. Its better than turning up unanounced and you may also have a few calls from them before you get round.
9.Get some t.shirts printed with your name , tel no: web address on the back. Give em to your family as presents! or when you do the shopping take an aisle each, you the missus and kids.
loads more ideas but hopefully that should get you thinking for now